Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Surviving Surgery

A few years back my now former OB/GYN discovered a peri-ovarian cyst on my right side. It gave me no problems whatsoever. We monitored over the next couple of years and then almost a year ago he pushed me to have it removed, because the cyst was continuing to grow. With getting ready to enter my final semester in law school and then planning to go straight into studying for the bar I couldn't "fit" the surgery into my schedule, which pissed my former OB/GYN off, so I fired him and I scheduled an appointment with a new OB/GYN two days after finishing the bar.

My new OB/GYN did another ultrasound and discovered that the cyst was still growing and suggested that we go ahead and remove it. My surgery was scheduled for April 8th at 11:30am. So yesterday I went in for my surgery with the plan to drain and remove my cyst. By yesterday afternoon I came out of surgery to learn that things were worse than we expected. The cyst and my ovary were wrapping around one another and they both had to be removed.

Over 24 hours later I'm definitely bruised, battered, sore, and exhausted, but I'm home and recovering with one ovary still intact. My biological clock is happy that I should still be able to have more babies in the future...

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear the surgery went well and the prospect of future babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie~Thank you!! I was/am very happy!!

    ReplyDelete