Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, October 2, 2009

Lets get this party started!

When you are sleeping and feel a hand on your calf and realize it is an adult hand and it isn't your man, you know your day isn't going to be such a great day. This is how I woke up this morning...my mom's hand on my calf (all she could find of me outside of the blankets) asking, "Are you going in to work today?" My response, "Um yes. I am." You then find yourself scrambling to get ready and race off to work! You spend the rest of your day in a panic...

A few hours later I find myself at a "townhall" with the CEO of my company and apparently making an ass of myself or maybe him. I guess it all depends on where you sat! It had been confirmed that we are not getting raises, our healthcare costs are going up between 2% & 12% (mine will likely be the 12%~of course!), and if you are a member/purchaser of our products, which I am, the premiums will be going up effective 1/1/10! So I asked, since we have confirmed that we are not getting raises, our healthcare costs are going up anywhere from 2-12% and if we are brand loyal we will be paying more for the products we buy from my company...what do you tell us as employees? Just hang on, it will be better in a year? ...well, the response I received was a defensive one (sorry buddy if I called you out on what you are doing to us) and was told, "If you think you can do better somewhere else, go there, find another job!" Fuck you buddy. What I found amazing was that there were some employees who clapped when he said that...hmmm, lets see if you'll be clapping when you get your paycheck next year and your bills for the products! Oh yeah...BTW, Mr. CEO~I know I can find a better product and for a much better price. So when I cancel my products from your company and I'm asked why I'm leaving I'll let them know, "Mr. CEO told me if I can better, I should go there, so I have. So sorry it is a competitor!" You, Mr. CEO, has made this brand-loyal-employee to become a deal-seaking, non-loyal employee. I hope that fits in with your numbers asshole!

By the time I got home, early, with a killer headache I was frustrated! Not only did I feel like I wasn't listened to and slapped in the face with his childish response (I would think a CEO of a high powered company would have a little more tact & could have said, 'we know it is going to be hard, but we hope our employees stand by us and we will come out of this together.'), I was home early on a Friday and not feeling like doing anything other than taking a picture of my middle finger and emailing it at him! What I had planned out as a great start to my pre-birthday weekend had ended up a bust! I took some Motrin and laid down instead.

My aunt and uncle took me out for dinner tonight to start celebrating my birthday! Yummy Red Lobster!! I haven't checked my blood sugar yet (I have 16 minutes before I do!) and I'm sure they are going to be high after my 2 sunset passion pina colada, the lobster fondue we shared, the jumbo coconut shrimp, the lobster mashed potatoes (which I didn't even know existed until my aunt & uncle pointed them out, but I wasn't overly impressed), the salad with ranch and a cheddar biscuit. But it was so yummy! It was great conversation and I was able to resist their wonderfully delicious desserts. So I'm ready to face the music when I test my numbers tonight.

I love my birthday month! I received several email coupons: 25% off @ Avenue; 25% off @ my pampering salon; and either 15% off (of a $50 purchase), 20% off (of a $75 purchase), or 25% off (of a $100 purchase) @ Catherines. Sweet....

Alright...on to the mundane stuff...My Friday To-Do List:
1. Write out my shopping list
2. Go grocery shopping
3. Do laundry
4. Pick up my contacts
5. Pick up my blood strips
6. Get my nails done
7. Write my bills out (yes, again already!)
8. Do all of my Litigation homework
9. Do all of my PR homework
10. Do all of my Small Firms homework
11. Do all of my Pre-Trial homework
12. Take a picture of the progress I've made with my filing
13. Finish filing my papers, finally!
14. Pick up the house
15. Go through the munchkin's papers that have piled up this week on my counter
16. Find my AIL outline and email it to a current student of Prof. P's!
17. Send SillyJilly a link to start blogging!
18. Send SillyJilly a link to my acne treatment products, which have been so wonderful from my pampering salon.
19. Plan out my week
20. Write my man
21. Write my friend from high school as she wrote last week
22. As always, get me some serious sleep!

Dang...I always have a bunch of crap to do. Ugh...

BTW, my blood sugar was 198!! YIKES. I knew those two drinks and all those carbs were going to be trouble. The worst part is...mom & aunt & munchkin want to take me there again on Tuesday! Hmmm...guess I'll have to be better huh?! But it was so good....

4 comments:

  1. if you leave the company they can replace you with a cheaper person... just FYI. that's why he said that. not defending him i think its wrong but they'd rather you go quit because of bad news than stick out so they can replace you at a lower cost.

    atleast you got a meeting. we got letters stating "no raises, higher premiums on health insurance, and no more discounts for using the resort's facilities..." which as you know if you can get 50% off a facial you're doing great! not anymore!!

    they also cut alot of people's hours and did a ton of lay-offs.

    btw: Red Lobster NOMNOMNOMNOM! the cheddar biscuits are like heaven! And OMIGOD?! you must've gotten a bad batch of the lobster potatoes, the last I had was a so delicious I was drooling and going into a comatose type state from one bite!!!

    ps, thanks for the awesome conversation last night while the man was snoring next to me! i do not know how he can fall asleep within 2 seconds of his head hitting the pillow! must be a military thing?? and he wakes up at the slightest movement so I gotta be vera vera still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are saying Blaez. Of course the last time I left the company it took two people to replace me, so in the long run it isn't cheaper but he doesn't know that. He is just an old ass!

    We originally received an email about the info and that was followed up with these time wasting meetings.

    That's what my aunt and uncle said about the lobster prtatoes too, but they just didn't do it for me! Yes, apparently I am strange! LOL

    PS: Back at ya! I think it is a military thing! LOL My guy is the same way!

    PPS: Of course the execs can still use it for free. I'm so tired of corporate america! Ugh...fat cats keep getting fatter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud to say I never quite made it to any of those townhall meetings during my day, despite the fact that they were mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, we must discuss how you managed that...I never want to return to one for as long as I remain there. It is and he is total BS! ugh...

    ReplyDelete