Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Went a little overboard

But, it really only seems to happen a few times a year. I'm talking about shopping... I'm not a big shopper and I'm not someone who picks up a piece here and there. I don't know why...but I just am not that kind of girl. For the most part, I don't even really like shopping. Yes, I know...that is a sin!

Since I only go a couple times a year I buy a lot when I do go. But then I enter this zone in my head that not everyone understands...my theory becomes, the more I spend, the more I save. Well, yesterday when cashing in on my B-day coupons I entered that zone and this is how it worked out:

Catherine's
Purchased: 4 sweaters, 4 tops & 1 suit-type jacket
Original Costs: $460
Actual Costs: $247.19
Savings: $225.39

Avenue
Purchased: 8 pair of pants, including 5 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, & 5 pairs of panties
Original Costs: $323.08
Actual Costs: $220.92
Savings: $80.77 + $33.90 back for returning these

Salon
Massage Price: $120
Actual Costs: $90
Savings: $30
Additional Costs~~Mani: $35; Pedi: $68; Significantly Stocking up on my products that aren't always available when I need them: $172

So I don't look at the fact that I spent a total of $833.11 in a matter of 6 hours. I look at it the fact that I saved $370.06 and didn't spend $1,178.08! Looking at those numbers I now remember why I only shop a couple times a year!

4 comments:

  1. wow. if i spent that much in 6 hours it'd be on a new laptop! lol or new drinking glasses so i can give away these NFL chicago bears ones that are gifts that i hate and want to smash into the ground...........or an oil change, or my cat neutered......

    you're more girly than me

    i'm insane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever spent that much at one time on clothes. Maybe on a computer like Blaez said, but never clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of it this way girls...if I don't shop for clothes for the next five months I've averaged less than $150/mo. LOL

    I guess it is more fun when you are anticipating going to that next size down...especially since instead of pushing a 30/32 I'm now pushing a 22! :) That did add fuel to my fire and my shopping! I've got jeans in a 20 so I can skip that size...LMAO!

    ReplyDelete