Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, March 28, 2010

3rd Place~~Way To Go Baby!!

Yesterday we attended the munchkin's Pine Wood Derby (Cub Scouts!) and the munchkin did so great! Not only was he so well behaved that I was beyond impressed, he also took 3rd place!!!! Way to go Munchkin! I'm so proud of you baby!! :) Now we wait and he competes at Scout-A-Rama in May against the other packs! :) Oh yeah, and he gets his picture in the paper too!!

As for the rest of the folks at Pine Wood Derby, can we say "out-of-control"? Let me back up for a minute...the munchkin's pack is based out of his school, so the majority of kids attend the same school. There is something wrong at this new school we are attending...no body is on birth control!!! I'm telling you, I've never seen such large families. Yes, I'm serious. We feel out of place only having one child! I swear there is no family smaller than 3 kids! And we aren't talking like have one, wait a few years have another one. We are talking stepping stones! Like have one, 9 months another, and 9 months after that another and on and on up to the one in the oven being carried around! It is crazy. And this leads to major issues for me!

Personal issues aside (yes, I want more kids and hopefully in a few years my guy and I will have 1 or 2 more), my major issue is when you have 3-4 other children on top of the child involved in Cub Scouts you are still required to watch them! I know...sounds crazy, right?! I being serious though folks...you must watch all of your kids! Not just the one participating! Okay, as a single parent of one child I can understand giving a single parent of multiple kids a bit of a break, but that isn't what happened yesterday! It was kids with both parents in attendance that were not being watched. WTH?!? I'm sorry...I get out of control kids~~my son is usually one of them. But at least I have my eyes on him and am willing to "take him out" when necessary! So parents...either we need to learn about birth-control or keeping eyes on our kids or as my aunt, the nun, said~~both!!

As for my usual Sunday affair, I weighed in this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know how it happened that I went down, especially since I tried to cheat myself yesterday and weighed in before I took off to the dealer to get an estimate for the damage to my car and it said that I gained like 3lbs! Okay...maybe not that much, more like 2.8lbs. The one good thing about the fact that I did that yesterday was that I didn't gorge myself on Chinese food like I was thinking of doing last night. And I can't say that today's results were changed as a result of what I did in the prior 24hours because I even had the same exact clothes on when I weighed both times since yesterday's late nap turned into a night's sleep when I didn't wake up until 6am today! Guess I really needed some sleep! But getting 13 hours of it on a Saturday night wasn't the plan! Opps!! So needless to say I anticipated at least a 3lb gain and was ecstatic when I actually got a 1.4lb loss!! Yay me!! All it did was help me refocus on my goal of getting below 300lbs a-sap!!

Without further ado, today's stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363.0lbs
Current weight (today): 317.6lbs
This weeks results: -1.4lbs
Total weight lost: 45.4lbs

Consider it done: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39
Just getting started: 1, 2, 3, 7, 15, 27, 28, 35
Needs attention: 16, 17, 18, 23, 25, 26, 29, 30, 40

3 comments:

  1. Completely with you on the watching the kids thing. We went to a neighbor's house and her kids were literally bouncing off the walls. Not just the funny "phrase" we use to describe kids, LITERALLY running into the wall and bouncing off. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to yer son! woot woot! 3rd is awesome :)

    and YOU for losing again!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie~~Isn't it crazy?!? I don't get it. My kid is a monster but at least I'm watching him! LOL

    Blaez~~Thanks!! Double thanks, but I think I've screwed up this week. Ugh.... Must be hormones! LOL

    ReplyDelete