Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Come On Already!

I was definitely feeling better this morning when I got up, so off to work I went. I busted my tail all day too. I'm losing almost 2.5 days this week at work, so I need to pick up the pace while I am there. By early afternoon I had a killer headache, but I continued to push my way through, plus I had my writing conference scheduled for this afternoon and had class to attend tonight.

I arrived at my writing conference early, of course, only to feel like a complete and total worthless jack-ass, loser and failure all rolled into one within 15 minutes of arriving to Prof. Fergie's office and her informing me that my entire first issue was based on bad law. Opps! My bad! Nothing makes you feel like a failure then when your professor says, "This was bad. Very, very bad." No shit Sherlock Holmes! And trust me, there is no need to ask, "What would have happened if this was filed?" First of all, if this was totally real and I didn't have you to be my watch dog I would have done much more work on my first draft...isn't that why I'm still a student and you are not? And isn't that why it is a first draft? Yes, I know I should have done better, I know that I should have worked harder and obviously I should have performed better research. Duh! But guess what Prof. Fergie...you revealed to me that 2 of the other 4 students haven't turned in anything yet and we are like in week 12 (out of 15). At least I tried and failed instead of not tried at all! Don't I get credit for that?!

When I left my conference my headache was killer, but I still summoned my courage and went on to E&T for class. I really tried to put my gigantic failure behind me, but when we spent the last 15 minutes of class going over details of our final my now non-existant headache (amen for Motrin & Diet Coke) had emerged into nausea...

I knew this was going to be a doozy of a week, but come on already!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 18, 21
Just getting started: 8, 15, 20, 24, 26, 28, 29
Needs attention: 7, 10, 14, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 27, 30

No comments:

Post a Comment