Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Surviving More Than One Critique Today

This week has been exhausting. All I can think about is sleeping in Saturday morning! I feel like all I've done this week is homework, but I am happy to report that before classes started today I had completed all of my homework for the week! I'm pretty sure that this is the first time all semester I've accomplished this task! However, this has been exhausting, to say the least.

I had a headache that started this morning and didn't really go away until I finally thought about taking some Motrin. Of course this didn't happen until almost 5pm. I know, I know...so smart of me, huh?!?

I started my day at work irritated already for really no particular reason. Of course within just a couple hours I had several reasons to be even more irritated. We are finally starting to lose some of our files. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm partially upset that it is happening and what this could really mean for me. I'm also partially glad it is finally happening. I've been tired of the state of flux, that is for sure. Of course the fit will hit the shan for me and the two other gals in my position in my department. Ugh... Needless to say I will have no choice to bust my butt for the next several weeks! I'm up for the challenge, I hope...

Then onto class I fly, but not until I hit the parking snag. There were 7 cars waiting to get in the lot, so I drove around the block and parked on the street. So in addition to the $340 I pay for the school's parking lot I got to fork over $4.50 to park on the street today. Thank God I carry a pouch with me to stick quarters in through out the week for my Friday nights with my guy! Of course while I was getting myself together on the side walk and digging quarters out to feed the meter I almost ran into a homeless man. I was walking backwards onto the sidewalk while grabbing all of my stuff. The following conversation ensued:

j'lynn: Oh my, I am so sorry sir. (I was a good 3 feet from him, but still wanted to apologize because #1 I didn't see him, #2 if I wouldn't have noticed him when I did I would have knocked him down with my bag and/or my butt!)
HG: I'm okay.
j'lynn: Good. Again, my apologies.
HG: Honey, please do not apologize for almost walking into me. It happens.
j'lynn: Thank you.
HG: But please get that car washed! That you should apologize for.
j'lynn: Since it is suppose to be beautiful this weekend I had hoped to get it washed.
HG: Yes, it should be close to 50 this weekend. You really need to get your car washed.
j'lynn: (while feeding my quarters into the meter) I hope to, because I know I really need to.
HG: (while walking down the sidewalk away from me) What I really need is to find some work.

At this moment I decided to stop responding, because there isn't really much to say at that point. Plus I was just coming to realize that I was just admonished by a homeless man about the level of dirtiness of my car... Gosh, I didn't even think it was that bad!

I made it through another Trial Practice today and actually was proud of myself. My critiques from Prof Arrogance were all positive today! Yay me! I was nervous as hell, but so was everyone else. Each week I feel stronger and more confident! It makes me very excited about my future career in litigation! Then on to E&T I went!

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Just getting started: 12, 13
Needs attention: 14, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment