Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, November 13, 2009

H1N1 Protected...Soon

We made it and it wasn't hours waiting either. Today from 12p-6p just down the road from where we live was a Flu Vaccine Clinic. Finally, the H1N1 Vaccine was coming to a building near us! Since I've been in a bit of a panic over this flu, I knew that the munchkin and I needed to have the vaccine. Between my asthma & diabetes and his asthma, we were eligible and I decided that we were taking advantage of it!

I left work @ 3pm, drive by the clinic and saw that there were not a ton of cars and there was not a line of people, so I went and picked the munchkin up from his after school program. I dragged him to the clinic and the tears started when we parked. After quite a show and no wait at all, we were done and on our way to Super Wal-Marts for a toy by 4:30pm. Not bad at all...

After picking up his $40 toy gun, I dropped the munchkin off at my mom's as he is spending the weekend with her. Then I met up with my aunt at my house and we opted to go grab dinner as just adults without a munchkin in tow. But before we went to dinner my aunt asked me to show her how to get her pics developed. It was as if she read my Friday To-Do List!

After dinner we came home, she took off to her house and I came in and got right to work on said list:

Accomplished: 1, 2, 3*, 4, 10, 11, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, & 36**
Started, but needs to be finished tomorrow: 5, 18***, 19***, & 39****
Still needs to be worked on: 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37*****, & 38******

*~~The munchkin has to get one more dose in 30 days!
**~~An add on here: Ask my bosses if I can leave @ noon on Thursdays to take my Trial Practice Class next semester (They said yes!! But I have to make up those 4 hours during the week!)
***~~The pics need to be picked up, but the hard part is done in my book!
****~~Another add on here: How could I forget--Do Laundry, we have to have clean clothes!!
*****~~Holy crap, another add on here: Register for next semester's classes
******~~Last add on I can think of: Do class evaluations

I'm hoping to be just as productive tomorrow since I really didn't start on my list until 3pm Friday and I must say so myself...I totally kicked ass!! hehe

2 comments:

  1. i don't do vaccines... wait, i make sure my tetnus (sp?) is up to date because i'm always afraid of stepping on a rusty nail or something like that. no vaccine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get the flu vaccine every year. The only year I didn't was the fall/winter 2007 and I ended up in the hospital with a "virus" in February 2008. Needless to say, I will get the flu vaccine every year now!

    Funny that I never think of making sure my tetnus is up to date figuring that they can give it to me when I step on that rusty nail or something. LOL

    ReplyDelete