Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, November 2, 2009

Every November

starts with sadness for me. It reminds me of my grandfather. Today would be his 84th birthday. I usually become quiet somber as this day approaches and I reflect on my growing up with the best man I've ever known. He was of that WWII generation I've spoken of before.

This year I would like to give thanks to the best man I've ever known... If he was here today, I would tell him "Thank you for being such a great man, for being such a great father figure to me and for making me a better woman, mother, friend, and partner. I would not be who I am today if not for you. I would not be where I am today if not for your influence and the ethics you raised me to live by. I hope that I make you proud everyday, because I am proud to be able to call you My Papa!"

Thank you Papa. I love you and miss you more everyday and wish you were hear to see the success I am today, because of you...

2 comments:

  1. now i'm all teary-eyed

    *hugs*

    i'm sure he's beaming with pride over you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blaez...I'm sure it goes without saying, I was more than teary-eyed when I wrote this...

    ReplyDelete