Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Love Affair Has Came To An End!!

I had to leave a little earlier today than what I normally do because I had a seminar to attend that was about 20 mins north of my office. I got out the door a couple minutes later than I wanted, but I made it with plenty of time to spare.

After reading Daisy, JD (Just Daisy)'s The Starbucks Red Cup post yesterday, I dreamt of stopping at Starbucks all night. I exit the expressway and off to Starbucks I go. I wait for several minutes in line and when it is finally my turn I order a sugar-free, fat-free hot chocolate only to be told that they cannot make it sugar-free. WHAT???? I tell the barista how all of their competitors are able to accommodate a sugar-free hot chocolate request and I'm quickly told how there really isn't a high demand for it. Really?!?

Well my dear Starbucks, the one time insatiable love affair has came to an end... You have been replaced by Biggby's and their sugar-free, fat-free Double Dark Hot Chocolate. It was fun while it lasted...

2 comments:

  1. we love starbucks! i don't have the sugar free issue like you do (altho truth be told i sould probably do it anyways).

    i'm sorry they fucked it up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...thanks. I was extremely disappointed in Starbucks over this... :(

    ReplyDelete