Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The weekend...

So far this weekend is not going so well. You know when you have so much to do, but no desire to do it? Well, that is me this weekend. I know I need to get crap done, but all I really want to do is sit in my chair, watch nothing of importance, eat crap and go to bed. I know in the end the only person who "pays" for this is me, but it is like I just cannot kick myself in the butt to get motivated. Hell...I don't even want to get up to get something to drink, let alone motivate to do anything of real significance.

I didn't start the weekend out like this. I was actually fairly motivated Friday night after I got home from seeing my man. By then I had accomplished 1, 2, & 3 on my list. I was even motivated enough to do #4 before I went to sleep! Then yesterday morning came around...I had set my alarm for 9am and minutes before my man called me to tell me good morning. I finished talking to him, went through my emails, took a shower and then it all came to a screeching halt! I made the mistake of calling my mom to ask one simple question...'Can I cash that check you wrote me about 6 weeks ago?'

An hour into the conversation, I finished getting ready (including brushing my teeth), left the house, went to the post office and arrived to the Ford dealer to get my oil changed before she finally hung up. By then I had a message from "A" to call her because she had a parenting question, so I called her back while I waited in line at the dealer for 15 minutes to check my car in. Of course arriving an hour and a half before the service department closed, I thought I would have no problem getting my oil changed. I dealt with "A's" problem and was then told by the girl at the service desk they couldn't change my oil. Are you kidding me?! No, apparently not!! All of her lube guys had packed up and the one that was still working was booked until 1pm. Um, excuse me?! Then I guess you shouldn't have your other lube guys pack up an hour and a half early. Of course, I was told I could come in Monday...um, sorry lady, but some of us work for a living! Then of course I was welcomed to come back next Saturday. WTF? The manager of the service department is so going to get a call or a letter... Totally unacceptable in my book! I think this is what changed my mood for the weekend.

I left the dealer, ran to the pharmacy to pick up my mom's prescription, then had to come all the way back home to pick up that check that my original call was about so I could go to the bank and cash it. I swung thru for my DDHC, went to the bank, cashed my checks and came home to get things done. Opps...I forgot, I ran to Verizon about my crackberry and the few issues I was having with it. After an hour or so in there, I bought the new MiFi wireless hook-up to my computer and had a plan of how I was going to "fix" my phone, by uploading new software to it. Then I came home, set up the new MiFi, which I've only been able to get to work without having to plug it in thru the USB port once and that took hours to do and now I can't figure out how I did it! (Of course!) I uploaded the new software to my phone, which also took hours.

In between times of trying to figure out my new gadgets the Alabama/LSU game was on, so I put that on and my mom came over to raid my munchkin's toy room. We had a deal...she would come over, go through all of his toys and clean out his toy room, which was overflowing and then she could take those toys to her house so she could give them to the boys' foster mom for either the boys or to be given to other foster parents for children they've taken in and will have over the holidays. What was broke or had missing parts went in the trash.

Of course while trying to figure out the new gadgets and downloads I started with a headache and to be quite honest, had my mom not been coming over I would have laid down to take a nap! She finally left about 7pm and I did nothing for the next hour other than write out my bills and balance my checkbook! (#'s 33 & 34 done!) Then I opted to go shopping about 8:15pm, so off to Staples to get more paper and ink and then on to Meijers to do the bulk of my shopping. I picked up some chinese, which I know I will pay for tomorrow, came home, put groceries away and ate dinner. Then I realized that I hadn't gotten my emails through my phone all day. So the next hour or two I spent screwing with my crackberry again and restoring it to where it was before I did the "troubleshooting" that was recommended. Heck, even my BBM wasn't working. Ugh...

By then, I had finished watching the Florida/Vanderbilt game, watched the news and then SNL. Finally about 2am I decided to head to bed. I had such a headache by the time I had gotten home and fixed my phone I don't even think I could see straight!

Hoping I would be more motivated today, and actually I forgot to shut it off, my alarm was set for 9am, but my man called before it went off so I talked to him for our 15 mins, shut the alarm off and rolled back over and went back to sleep. I dragged my butt out of the bed around 11:30am, scanned in my purchases from the night before for the Nielson survey thing, transmitted those and I haven't moved from my chair since!

I need to go take a shower, get to the meat market and the make-up stores before they close, grab something to eat, come home and get started on my homework, finish the laundry I started yesterday, pick up the house and get ready for another week. But all I want to do is sit in my chair, without the TV even on, and do absolutely nothing. Why is motivation such a problem for me? Ugh...

Accomplished: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 14, 29, 33 & 34

2 comments:

  1. oooh, now i feel bad for texting with you like a mad woman last night!!!

    sometimes we just don't want to do anything. is there anyway you can set back a day that you do nothing except maybe hangout with your son at the park and watch movies?

    it sounds to me like you need some kid time ........... some "i wanna be a kid" time!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I can't afford it time wise or money wise, but I took today as sort of a 'me' day. I didn't do anything all day other than surf the internet all day, work a little on laundry and made dinner.

    Then tonight I organized my school stuff from last week, packed my bags for tomorrow, and caught up on emails. But the part that blows is then I sit here and feel guilty because I have so much shit to do. I'll be glad when the month of November ends! Life will get better then! At least for a moment... ;)

    Don't feel bad for texting me...I was waiting for my motrin to kick in anyways! It was my own damn fault...I needed to make sure my phone worked too, so it was necessary. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete