Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Munchkin's First Communion

So today was the munchkin's first communion and he did wonderful!! :) He looked so handsome in his black suit. His reading went very well. He stumbled once, but he over came it like a pro and finished beautifully! I was so damn proud of my son! A few times I teared up, but I was able to keep it under control and reel those tears back in before they fell.

I was happy to see my parents when they arrived, along with my two aunts and my uncle. I was thinking my day was turning around after my hideous weigh-in this morning. That was until my camera flashed low battery before the kids were even in their seats. I got the bright idea of going over to my mom and steal her batteries as I saw her with her camera just minutes before. I was surprised when I got to where they were sitting and they were gone. I asked a friend of ours who was in the seat next to them where my parents were and I was shocked when she said, "Oh, they left." WHAT?!? Needless to say I was beyond pissed and more than a little hurt.

I held it together throughout the ceremony and just focused on the munchkin again and my dying camera. After mass ended and pictures in the grotto were done, we headed over to the church hall for their cake and punch. Talk about feeling alone as I sat at a huge table with just my munchkin (my aunt had to help serve the cake as she is the assistant teacher for their class), looking around at the tables full of families celebrating their child's first communion. Tables with parents, Godparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers surrounding their first communicant. I was very sad and felt very alone at that moment. I felt very sorry for my munchkin that he didn't have more of his family around him to celebrate, because his family, my family, is too selfish to look beyond their issues to celebrate with their grandson and nephew. I will not forgive nor will I forget what my parents pulled today or the fact that my bro & his family didn't show up to witness such a huge moment in my son's life... I pity them for being assholes.

After the cake and punch, my aunt took my munchkin to her house as I ran home to get my sloppy joes and other items that I needed to take to the munchkin's party. The assholes showed up for the party. My parents acted like nothing happened and like they didn't bail from their grandson's first communion mass. My bro acted like a stuck-up ass refusing to speak to me or my munchkin. Then he and his wife decided that they no longer eat sloppy joes or corn on the cob or tossed salad and therefore their kids didn't eat. Whatev! Apparently I was raised different, because I was always raised to take a little something and not to be rude to the host by telling them 'oh I don't eat that.' Don't worry bro...when you are paying $12/plate for my meal at your fake wedding I will make sure that "I don't eat that" and to drink plenty of booze. Pay back is a bitch y'all!

Can you tell that I'm not feeling the love for my family today?

But baby, I was so proud of you! I love you! Congratulations on your 1st Communion Munchkin! :)

Consider it done: 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 13
Just getting started: 3, 4, 5, 6
Needs attention: 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

2 comments:

  1. we talk constantly so you already know what i had to say!! but wanted to leave you some love anyways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blaez! Back at ya girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete