Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Week In Review

So, last Sunday night I started with a crazy little cough. I really thought it was my allergies acting up due to all of the rain and wind we've been experiencing. I soon learned that it wasn't just my allergies. Monday I hacked my way through work and then onto Urgent Care. By 7:30pm that night I was diagnosed with (another) sinus infection and an upper respiratory infection, had (re) started my antibiotics, and was already sound asleep!

Tuesday morning I got up at 5:40am, called into work and went back to bed. I got up again at 11:30am. Yes, 16 hours after I originally went to bed! I ate, emailed my laid-back Prof. about class that night and as soon as he responded saying that I was excused from attending my butt was back in bed by 2:30pm. I got up around 8:00pm that night and went back to bed by 10:30pm. Wednesday morning I called in again at quarter till 6am and didn't get up until 10:30am that morning after I talked with my guy and he told me I needed to get some fresh air to start feeling better. I was in complete agreement so after I got up I stripped my bed and lysol'd my room. I think did my laundry, picked up the house and got ready to go to class that night...I didn't want to push my luck.

Thursday I returned to work, but still felt pretty crappy. After work I went to my last S&L class and then picked up taco bell for the munchkin, aunt & I for dinner. When I walked through the door with dinner my aunt tells me that my bro is in the ER with what they think could be a broken jaw. WTF?!? This is where things really started to heat up this week! We were told how his manager sent him out to deal with a drug-dealing trucker and to tell him to leave and the guy hit him and took off into the woods. So I bbm his ol' lady and she starts going on how he is going to get fired because OSHA won't take his urine sample because they didn't collect it and the hospital gave him pain killers, etc. My mom is at their house with the 2 boys and the ol' lady is at the ER w/bro. In an effort to help I call my other aunt and we go to the hospital to get bro's keys and get his truck from work to his house. This was partly done, because I suspected that the two of them would be stupid enough to attempt to get the truck home upon bro's release regardless of the amount of drugs in his system.

We arrive at the hospital upon ignoring his ol' lady's bbm telling us there wasn't a need to be there. We walked into his ER room and were instantly hit with a wall of hostility. There was only one person in the room, his ol' lady. To say that she was hostile and rude to us is an understatement. I have never been treated with such disrespect by a family member in my life! After my bro returned to his room from radiology she threatened to go home so we could carry on with our party. Huh?!? Bitch, are you high?!? After constant unacceptable disrespect, I snapped. I fired back that I just came to help and obviously I'm harming so I took my bro's key and walked out of the hospital with my aunt. We went to bro's work, talked to his boss and the co-worker that was with bro when this went down. This is where we got the true account of what happened and it was just as we suspected...my idiot bro was his typical hot-headed self, confronted said drug-dealer against his manager's wishes and wouldn't let the man leave the premises while they waited for the police to show up. Dude pushed bro, bro pushed back, dude decked bro and according to his boss, bro got his ass whooped.

Well, Thursday night I finally got home around 11:30pm still pissed off. In an effort to unwind I decided to work on my TIVO backlog and started watching the Grey's Anatomy season finale. OMG!!!! Nine minutes in I was standing in the middle of my living room with my mouth wide open! Needless to say it did not help me unwind! Did anyone else see that???? I went to bed around 1:15am. I was still wide awake at 2:30am. Still pissed off about how we were treated hours earlier, so I rolled over, deleted both of them from bbm on my phone and rolled back over. I finally fell asleep sometime after 3am...

My ass was exhausted come Friday morning at work! I pushed through, got lots of stuff done at work and then made my way out to see my guy. :) I hit two hiccups on the way out there. The first one actually developed at lunch with a co-worker. The entire time we were at lunch I kept catching her looking at my boobs! It got to the point that I wanted to ask WTH?!? Instead I started to get the feeling that maybe you could see my green bra through my top so in a panic I decided to stop on my way out to see my guy and pick up a new bra! I just didn't want to relive the designer hole incident. The second hiccup was the frickin' rain! It has been raining off and on for days here. And when I say rain...I mean downpours! Thunder and lightening were in tow, of course. At one point I was driving 35mph in a 70mph speed zone. But it was all worth it to get those 2 hours with him. :) After my shitty week I really needed those 2 hours of down time... Needless to say I slept like a baby last night...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 15, 27*, 28*
Just getting started: 12, 13, 14
Needs attention: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

*~~Well, I decided not to cancel and reschedule, so I've been waxed and facialized.**
**~~Yes, I know that isn't a word, but I like how it sounds so I'll be keeping it! :)

2 comments: