Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

One Party Down, One To Go

So Saturday night was the parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary party. It went better than I expected. I always expect the worst when it comes to family events. Things were definitely strained between the bro & I, but that is nothing new. I don't know if we will ever get past that and I know there is no hope of me getting past my issues until after his fake wedding, so no need to worry about it now as we have another 5 weeks before that is over. So lets move on...

Everyone seemed to have a good time. Hell, I even danced (once)! My hair guy showed up as he and the salon owner were both invited, but the owner wasn't feeling well so he could not make it. I hope he starts feeling better soon! :) But my hair guy (who out did himself with my hair) commented on my makeup telling me he noticed me as soon as he walked into the hall from across the room, because my makeup just "popped"! He loved it! hehehe I did try something new and took my eyes much darker with some new deep green colors. I guess I found my "Saturday night make-up" versus my work makeup since all the fashion posts of the last couple of weeks said it should be different! LOL Heck, I even wore lipstick! This is a huge shocker for me. I haven't worn lipstick since high school with the exception of my wedding almost 10 years ago...

Actually I've been doing a few things lately that I haven't done in 10 years or longer, for instance wearing flip-flops! Yikes! I must really be having a crisis. LOL But I digress...

Of course we didn't leave until almost 10:30pm, which was 1.5-2 hours later than planned. That meant the munchkin didn't get to bed until almost midnight and I didn't get the sloppy joes for his party done until after 1am. Now I'm off to bed so I can get up extra early so we can do the first communion thing tomorrow and then I can get home after that party and get some things on my list done, because as you can tell I haven't had a chance to get much done this weekend other than pampering and partying...

Consider it done: 1*, 2, 10, 11, 12
Just getting started: 3, 4, 5
Needs attention: 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

No comments:

Post a Comment