Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last night was just crazy. I guess it really started yesterday afternoon. I headed up to see my guy with sunglasses on and no snow in the air. About 30 minutes later...maybe not even that long...I drove into the craziest little snow storm. It was a little unbelievable. But what was more unbelievable was the fact that the car in front of me apparently was taking a stand against driving with their lights on prior to evening hours, because they refused to flip them on. At one point it was snowing so hard that I couldn't even tell if the guy was still in front of me until he actually did hit his brakes. He is lucky I was paying attention!

Of course, as always, there were two cars driving by complete and total jack-holes that thought they could dive in and out amongst the bumper-to-bumper traffic in the midst of this snow storm. I don't get this mentality! If you are behind me and there are tons of cars to my right and in front of me where do you suppose you want me to go when you climb up on my bumper? Do you think I want to be doing 40 on an expressway? It goes against the whole idea of an "express"-way, but I certainly cannot make the cars around me move any faster! And in the future please be warned that if you constantly do that I will be forced to hit my brakes a little sharper than usual and you will fish tail. If you don't believe me, please ask your buddy in the burgundy sports car with the illegally tinted windows...

After our visit I headed back home with a stop by Biggby's for my free super double-dark, sugar-free, reduced-calorie, fat-free hot chocolate with whipped, of course! I love the power of getting that free #13 off from my card. :) hehehe Of course since I have another card that I've been saving up the next one is free too. Yay me!! Then it was off to make my weekly trip to the grocery store. Of course I went to two last night. I guess I didn't feel I had spent enough money at the first one and thought the second one deserved some of my money too... I went to Wal-marts first, because I had a couple speciality items on my list that I knew were cheaper there and I knew that they would have the stuff I needed. As I was leaving there I decided to hit up Meijer in hopes that they would have restocked the fat-free gravy I like, which of course they hadn't. Before I could get out of the parking lot of Wal-marts my car was almost totaled.

Driving along at a snail's pace I was traversing by the rows and some bitch in a little white sedan who failed to realize she needed to clean off the newly accumulated snow from her side windows literally pulled into the side of me. I was over almost halfway through what would be the makeshift intersection there when she pulled out. How I did not hit her or her hit me I will never know. It had to have been either due to my extremely supendious driving ability or the grace of God! I followed that bitch down the lane and hoped and prayed that we would be side to side when we got out to the road to turn our separate ways and I hoped and prayed we would have a red light to wait at, because the closer I got to that light the angrier I got and I had made up my mind I was going to put my window down and tell her, "Bitch, you cut me off again like that again next time I will cut you." (Yes, I was channeling my inner Legally Fabulous! ) Of course we weren't next to one another and of course there was only a green light so she went right with me cussing and swearing while I turned left.

I hit Meijer a few minutes later and was in and out of there in a flash. While loading my two little bags into the backend of my Escape I heard a man's voice. This older gentlemen needed some assistance. After him explaining that I looked like a nice young woman and he had hoped I could help him out and I was the third person he asked before he went into the store and made a complete and total fool of himself he thought he would ask me for help. There may have been "pretty" and "professional looking" tossed in during his little monologue, but I can't remember. I indeed helped the man out (nothing big...just $10 to get 3 gallons of gas) and I did follow him over to the Meijer gas station to make sure he got gas and didn't go in and buy a fifth of booze. He had offered to send me the money on Monday if I gave him a number or an address to get it back to me at, but since I'd rather just be an easy mark for gas money versus a victim in my own home due to some psycho-stranger I just told him to pay it forward. With tears in his eyes and a hand shake to boot, he thanked me.

All in all I figured that my karma scale was tipped in my favor last night when I finally headed home since I didn't actually cut a bitch and I did actually help a stranger out.

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 9, 12
Just getting started: 4, 5, 6, 13, 16, 17, 18
Needs attention: 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment