Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, January 3, 2011

Today Is My Official Start Of The New Year

Yup! Always a day late and a dollar short over here. LOL

Okay...all the kidding aside. I had marked today as my official start to the new year. I can never start on the actual first, because for years in my family that was another holiday. Back when my grandparents were alive we would all get together on January 1st and have another family gathering. Maybe the prior six weeks with all the Thanksgiving, birthdays (my youngest aunt & my dad in the beginning and then later my step-son and my guy), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve gatherings weren't enough, so we needed just one more day. Then in years later it became the day of recovery from the partying of the night before, the day to watch college football and the day to finish off whatever munchies we had the night before. So even though we no longer get together as a family on January 1st I still treat it like a holiday. Therefore I cannot make my fresh start on January 1st! And seriously who the heck can start getting their new year together on a Sunday (i.e. the 2nd)?!? So...that left today as my official start to the New Year and therefore the official start to my New Year Resolutions!

So this morning I woke up late, of course, hopped in the shower and started to get ready. I was nervous a bit, because I knew I had to hop on that scale and face the failing of my goal to maintain over the holidays. I know somewhere I discussed that goal, but I can't seem to locate it for now. So needless to say I was really scared of what the scale was going to say, especially since I started eating my way through the holidays right before Turkey Day and haven't stopped since. Regardless of my fear I put my big girl panties on (along with the rest of my clothes) and hopped on that scale...I was totally ready for a double digit gain...especially since I hadn't weighed myself since December 5th.

Today's stats...

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 323.6lbs
The results: +7lbs
Total weight lost: -39.4lbs

Not too shabby if you ask me. Especially if you saw what all I've ate in the last month plus! It so could have been worse.

Now the next challenge of my official start of the new year was actually getting back on the band wagon of eating healthy again. This was totally hard with lots of left over goodies from Christmas. But I did it!! I'm definitely ready for this official start of the new year and for it all to continue tomorrow and beyond...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33
Just getting started: 34, 35
Needs attention: 10, 21, 25, 26, 28, 29

No comments:

Post a Comment