Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Not Just Another Monday

Today is not just another Monday. It is Martin Luther King Day. It is the day so many of us have off from work or school. And in all honesty who doesn't love a paid holiday in the middle of January. But today is so much more. Today is the day we reflect on this great man's legacy...his dream. And then we look to where we are today. How far have we come? Was his sacrifice in vain? These are sometime personal to each of us and sometimes more public.

As today was approaching I saw the headline to a news article about Dr. King. It basically inquired whether the possibility of infidelity tainted his image as a great man. I was like, "seriously?!?" I refused to click on the article or give it any more time than what I am now, because in all seriousness I could care less if he had an affair or not. How is this our concern? His greatness in my mind isn't linked to whether or not he acted like so many great men of our time and committed adultery.

Maybe it makes a difference in your mind and where you rank him among great leaders in our nation's history, but it doesn't me. Obviously sex scandals haven't really tarnished JFK and his image or greatness as a leader for this country, so for me it doesn't tarnish MLK either.

Consider it done:
1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18
Just getting started: 3, 6, 17, 19, 20
Needs attention: 9, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment