Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, July 25, 2010

All It Takes Is 3 Weeks

This past week really sucked. Last weekend was lost on both days, which continued Monday. During the week after stopping my nose spray my headache continued to lessen and seems to have pretty much disappeared. Then on Thursday while I was off to study and take my final exam, my man called and gave me the results of his hearing. It wasn't good and he won't be coming home this year. I spent the rest of that day studying the best I could and then went up to school to take my Tax final exam.

Of course before hand Prof. Tax Guru had told us two things. One, we could use our Code book and two, he wrote the exam as a two-hour exam and shouldn't take longer even though he thought we had 3 hours to take it. Well, the first issue blew up when we got ready to take the exam, because there was nothing in writing saying we could use the book. So we had to waste like 17 minutes while the proctor and the registrar's office attempted to call Prof. Tax Guru to get approval to allow us to use the Code book during the exam. I knew if they wouldn't let us use that book I was totally screwed with my exam! Finally he returned their calls and everyone settled down. One issue down...

As for the second thing we were told, that was a blatant lie! The exam was brutal!! We actually had 4 hours to complete the exam, because it is a 4 credit class. Of course one bitch stood up and handed her finished exam in within an hour of starting it. I wanted to F her up! She was a know-it-all during class too! Bitch! The majority of the rest of the class finished between hours 2 and 3. I, however, finished 5 minutes before time was called. When I walked out I left one lone student to finish in the next 5 minutes. Now I just have to hope and pray that I passed. That is all I need to do is pass. Yes, this is my usual mantra; however, this is more necessary now than ever, because this is a required course (yes, my school is ran by crazy people!) and I'm about to start my last semester in school. I do not want to have to repeat this damn class during my last semester in law school...

They say that all it takes is 3 weeks to break a bad habit or develop a good habit. After two weeks of losing on with using sparkpeople I was hoping to test this theory out; however. They say that that is how long it takes to break a bad habit or to develop a good habit. I had hoped to test this theory out this past week, but with the week I had that so didn't happen. I ate like a pig all week...it really started last Saturday and just continued throughout the week.

I had moved me weigh-in up a day to Saturdays the last couple of weeks. Well, I am starting to wonder how wise of a decision that was. I think it may be giving me too much freedom. However, I went ahead and weighed-in yesterday morning and was so mad at myself because I had gained 6lbs. YIKES! Maybe it was the Quizno's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Reese's Dark PB Cups, chips, tuna lasagna... What I find very interesting is the fact that when I got up this morning I had last 3.8 of those pounds. So I've decided to go back to my Sunday weigh-ins and use this morning's numbers for Today's Stats:

Starting weight (7/8/09): 363lbs
Current weight: 320.8lbs
This week's results: +2.2lbs
Total weight lost: -42.2lbs

I had no idea a week ago how horrible this past week was going to be, but I'm ready to get back on track and start at the beginning of my 3 weeks to try and break my bad habit and build my good habit of healthy eating. Here's to a much better week this week...

In other news, well I haven't accomplished much this week, but I have relaxed a bit by not doing much, of course I'm ready for a nap right now too, but anywho...on to another week tomorrow!

Consider it done: 1, 4, 7, 8, 21
Just getting started: 2, 6, 11, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25
Needs attention: 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 26, 27, 28

No comments:

Post a Comment