Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family, Finances & Emotions~~Not Always A Pretty Picture

I've been pretty emotional this weekend. It started last night when I was driving home from seeing my guy. I picked up a voice mail from my friend, Captain, and I felt teary eyed listening to it. She didn't say anything in particular in the voice mail, but it hit me just right.

This morning I wanted to go to the local hardware store, because I'm having plumbing issues. I have two facets leaking and a toilet that won't quit running. Part of me thought I would put them off till my guy got out in December, but now that that isn't happening I decided to attempt to tackle these on my own. So I took the tips of the facets off and when I couldn't remove the flapper (yes, that is a technical term) I took a picture of it and off I went. Well, the guys couldn't help me and told me that I would have to take the facets apart and take a piece of of them and bring those in and I would have to remove the flapper and bring it in too. Having struck out I left the store and as I was driving to the grocery store I started thinking of my Papa. He would so have helped me and he would be ashamed of the "men" in my family who won't step up and help me with this.

Feeling dejected, thinking of my Papa and missing him I became teary eyed, again. I spent the rest of the day emotional. I have declared the men in my family as weak and self-centered. These are the things that make me even sadder over the fact that my guy isn't here to help right now, because the crap would have been fixed in a flash!! So after feeling down and pissed off I did what I do so often...I ate my feelings! I swung by Arby's and picked up lunch and came home. I then proceeded to call the plumber I've used in the past. He will be here Monday at 8am to take a look at all of the things I need help with and give me a quote. Of course now I have to pay for someone to come in my home and do what my dad, my uncle & my bro could do. So this got me to thinking about my finances...

My Finances...
Obviously I have a spending problem. My outgoing totals always exceed my incoming totals. I've been tracking my expenses since the beginning of the year. I've gotten rid of three of my expenses so far this year by paying off two credit cards (they were uber small though) and getting rid of my home phone. I haven't put any additional charges on my other two credit cards and actually the last few months I've been paying the amount that would have them paid off in 3 years. I also reduced my monthly car insurance by $19.47. I'm happy with the little progress I've been making.

Of course there are some upcoming bumps in my financial road, which are totally freaking me out!! I have to figure out to live without student loans supplementing my monthly "income" plus pay for PMBR, Bar/Bri & the fees associated with taking the bar in addition to the fact that I will have no income for at least two months while studying for the bar. On top of all of this, I'm also reducing my monthly income by reducing my hours worked by 8 a week in order to do my externship.

Then I started to think...so when I'm an attorney and they ask for my help should I not help and make them hire another attorney like I am having to do with my home repairs?!?

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 18
Just getting started: 4, 7, 12, 19, 20
Needs attention: 10, 11, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment