Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Do You Know Who You Are Talking To?

A fall extern at the Defender's Office! Woo-hoo!! I'm so excited to say that I called today, finally, left a message and when the big cheese called me back I didn't even have to schedule an interview. He told me that Prof. Arrogance called him about me and he would be happy to have me as an extern this fall! :) Thanks Prof. Arrogance! You rock Mister!

I was going to celebrate my good news with a candy bar (a York Peppermint Patty! Yummy!!) this afternoon. I literally had it in my hand in our little store, but I put it down, grabbed my bottle of water and checked out.

I was in a super good mood even though I had to drag my butt to tax for a "make-up" class! I even completed my assignment that was due back on the 7th. Opps! I get to class and we wait 25 mins before Prof. Tax Guru finally shows up. I was totally ready to book too when he came rushing in, telling us to "quiet down." Dude...where have you been?!?

Of course I got called in during class and I confessed that I had not read Chapter 25. Double Opps! Hey...I'm on Chapter 12! What more does he expect?! After class I had to turn in my assignment late, again. Of course there had to be 7 people around the podium when I did it, so I spit out some excuse about my son's grandma dying of cancer and here it is, blah, blah, blah... I don't know if he blew me off because my other assignment was late or because he had so many people around or what and to be honest, I really didn't care.

It wasn't a total lie...my mom's neighbor who my mom sees as a pseudo-mom-figure and who treats my son as if he is her grandson (hello! she bought him a $100 savings bond for his first communion!) and she is unfortunately dying of cancer. I know...I know...I know...I suck... I just felt like I needed an excuse and the whole 'I hate your class and avoid doing anything in here as if your stupid-ass assignment is the plague!' wasn't going to cut it and this just sort of fell out of my mouth!

If you knew me...the true me...you would know I don't turn assignments in late. It just isn't my style. I'm a slacker in all respects, but to the degree I've became a slacker in this damn class even scares me! I swear this required class is a mental block for me! This is as bad as my SADO class...just in a different way!

But in all seriousness, our Maddie is very sick. She is such a wonderful woman with a wonderful heart. She has been taking chemo for a very, very long time and is just not in a place to admit that she is losing her battle. Her cancer is spreading like wild-fire and instead of enjoying the time she has left with her loved ones, she is still fighting. Every day we hope and pray for the miracle that she wishes for or for God to give her the strength to find peace and enjoy the time she has left here...

Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't get her off my mind today after my mom told me she was back in the hospital this morning, because her lungs continue to fill with fluid on a bi-weekly or maybe it was her thinking of me tonight. I don't know why and there was no plan to use her as a part of my excuse, but when I handed in my assignment her situation just fell out of my mouth. I hope I can be forgiven for using Maddie as my "excuse" and I hope she knows that we love her and hope and pray for her everyday... Hugs Maddie!

Consider it done:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Just getting started: 11, 28
Needs attention: 14, 15, 17

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am a little late on this but YAY~~ Congrats on the externship!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani!!! :) I'm so excited!! We shall discuss on the 12th!!

    ReplyDelete