Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just Another Day In Paradise...

So I did not do this again today. I actually had trouble concentrating. I think part of it is the fact that I feel so darn overwhelmed at work. You know when you start feeling like you are having chest pains and panic attacks, because there is so much crap on your desk, in your email in-box, and your regular in-box that you aren't even sure where you are suppose to begin? Well combine that with being exhausted and it doesn't make for the picture perfect day at the office!

I had really wanted to work a little late tonight and maybe leave a little early tomorrow, but that failed. I was dead when the clock turned 4:30pm so I busted out of there as fast as my tired little legs would carry me. Being so tired I opted out of going to the gym tonight, which I suck at...I know! It may have been a good thing that I opted out of the gym, because when I got home no one else was here. About 10 minutes later someone knocked on my door. It was Chica, my babysitter for the summer. Through the door I said, "I don't have your money." We giggled, but we both knew she must be here for a different reason...
During our conversation Chica let me know how out of control my munchkin behaved today. They got into it to the point that as he left she went into her house and cried. Needless to say the had a little tiff. My munchkin is so angry for various reasons and we are working through them the best they can, but let me tell you 8 year olds cannot rationalize anything when they are pissed off and in the midst of a meltdown. After talking with Chica I called my aunt to see where they were and how my munchkin was doing.

After they got home, we decided to go out for dinner. I had the biggest, best, greasiest cheeseburger for dinner, along with some curly fries. Each bite I thought, "This is probably a 1,000 calorie bite, but it is so freakin' good!" After scarfing that down in addition to a side salad I opted for dessert...I was already pretty far in the hole, so why not enjoy it while I'm down in there?!? So after consuming a huge serving of Mexican Fried Ice Cream we left and went and bought Swimmy, a new fish to keep Bob, the original gold fish, company.

After getting home and getting ready for bed, the munchkin launched into another meltdown. He went on about how I don't trust my own son, because I told him not to hug me at that minute because I had medicine on my arms and I didn't want him to get it on him. He was yelling and crying and telling me how I suck as a mom, because I don't trust him and I torture him everyday... I tried to talk to him and he would then tell me he couldn't talk, so I would tell him to go and finish getting ready for bed and then he would start up again. It was a crazy rollercoaster. After he told me he just needed to lay down and I told him to go ahead he would start yelling that I was forcing him to lay down. I couldn't win for anything! Daym....

I swear some days are just another day in paradise here...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Just getting started: 7, 22, 23
Needs attention: 8, 9, 10, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment