Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Some Random Updating...

Nothing I hate more than realizing after it is too late that you missed one little towel in the laundry! Ugh!! I just went to gather my last load of laundry and realized I forgot my bathmat towel when I gathered all of the towels in the house to wash in the previous load! Fiddlesticks!! Of course I can't put it with my last load, because that is all work stuff and I'm just not willing to put a burgundy bathmat in with my delicates...

In an effort to tackel and start winning my battle of the (really big) bulge, my friend suggested going to www.sparkpeople.com. Well, I went this morning and I love it. What I love the most is the fact that they do have an app for my crackberry!! I can tally my calories for the day, figure out my calorie burn and run "reports" to track my progress! I'm totally in love with it. I am really hopeful that this little app will help me as I continue to struggle in my weight-loss journey! And the best part is the fact that when I open up the app it gives me the following message,
"Welcome jlynnscrazylife. To reach your goal, you can eat 165 to 515 more calories today. You have no fitness minutes scheduled for today."

One of the reasons I think this might really help me is because it shows the amount of calories I am consuming. It is a little shocking at first... I know I'm not alone when I say, I have no idea how many calories I really am consuming. I try my best, but without it being in my face in black & white it just isn't accurate. I'm sure I'm also not alone when I say I am guilty of under estimating the amount of calories in foods. Like who would have thought that the one and only meal I had today from Arby's would have been 1,635 calories. That is crazy!! But now I know! I may not be perfect and I know with the holiday weekend it isn't going to be great, but I now feel like I'm better prepared for the upcoming days, weeks and months as I continue my battle of the bulge...

Consider it done:
1, 2, 6, 7, 15, 16, 17
Just getting started: 3*, 4**, 5***, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Needs attention: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18

*~~All I have left to do on this is go Monday and buy my lunchmeat for the week. Why buy it today when I won't touch it until Tuesday?!?
**~~Called my cleaning lady and she is either coming Tuesday or Friday. We both forgot that this was a holiday weekend!
***~~last load in the washer with the exception of my little snafu detailed above!

2 comments:

  1. I tried sparkpeople for a while but couldn't get used to it. Maybe I should try again. I think when my WW expires in a few weeks, I am going to do it online. Since I am at the computer all of the time, might as well track things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I got tired of waiting for a group to get started at work. So far I really like sparkpeople. I love the fact that it is right there on my blackberry giving me easy access. And since I seem to be playing with these same 5-10lbs I thought maybe something new would spark something in me. Ha~~"spark"...I crack myself up! LOL

    ReplyDelete