Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bring It On Honey...I'm Ready To Go To Court, But Are You?

If you remember a couple weeks ago I was suffering from some TV issues, which eventually lead to a tech having to come out for DirecTV, which then lead to me being sans TV for almost a week. According to the tech I had completely lost my line of sight and therefore could not get a picture from the satellite. The only place he could get a reading from the satellite was on the front portion of my roof, which of course violated the park rules (they are only allowed on the rear of our homes). My only options were to get a pass from the park management to put it in the front of the house or go back to cable.

I placed several calls to my park management before I received a call back. I was told that they would not give me an exception, so I immediately texted my friend to hook me up with cable. I didn't like the decision, but whatever. I dealt with it and moved on. Well, until I got home tonight and there was a note on my house that my munchkin's swing set isn't allowed and I have until the 21st to "take care of [it]." Really??

I've had it with this hell hole I live in. I pay my rent on time in full every single month. I have since we moved in back in March 2002. The only statement in the rules concerning swing sets is that a "small swing set is allowed." Well, my definition of small and their definition of small must be different. I think that is a question of fact, don't you?

Needless to say I'm not going to be "taking care of it." If my park would like to serve me with papers for eviction, I say bring it on. If they would like to take me to court and attempt to evict one of the few tenants they have that faithfully pays her lot rent on time every month and doesn't cause any problems, I'm ready! Because I've frickin' had it with this place. What's the worst that can happen? I get evicted?! Okay...whatever! I'll deal with it should it happen, but I just don't see a judge finding this as "just cause" for eviction. Do you?

On top of the stupidity of this entire violation is the fact that I had a swing set before for 7 years and this was a replacement swing set and this one has been up since September 6, 2009. Isn't it ironic that after I called for a pass on a rule a week later I'm receiving this notice? They couldn't have been coming by to see if I violated that rule, could they have?! Ha! Also, there is another similar swing set at another home in my park. So Ms. Manager bring it on, 'cause I'm ready, are you?!

My current plan of attack is to ignore the notice...I just don't think it is worthy of a response from me. (All future and current attorneys, if you disagree with my current plan of attack, please let me know!)

On my way home tonight I was all excited to post about finishing my Tax class. So much for that post...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Just getting started: 11, 28
Needs attention: 14, 15, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment