Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Conveniences taken for granted

It is a matter of convenience.  We all have them in our lives and some of them you get so used to you can't even imagine your life without them.  In my normal life I keep long hours and count on my local Wal-Green's.  Whether I need a coke, soap, a book or a medication that is behind the pharmacy counter, I head to my local Wal-Green's because I know that they will be there for me.  Well, I guess I began to assume there was a Wal-Green's in every town that would always be there for me.  I was wrong...

Last night I attempted to go to the local Wal-Green's and RiteAid to get my allergy pills, which are maintained behind the counter.  Well apparently they close at 10:00pm, because at 10:02pm they were both closed.  I knew I would have to wait till morning.  I showed up when they opened at 8am, but there was still no pharmacist.  I would have to wait another hour.  So I went to breakfast and then returned for my allergy pills.  Once I had those I was ready to go and see my man.  

We had 10 hours of visitation today.  It was wonderful.  We spent the first 6-8 hours talking and then decided to try our hands at Uno.  OMG...I haven't played Uno in forever!  It was so much fun.  We both did remark how we were together for years and would never have picked up a set of Uno cards to play, but we both love it.  Plus it is something that the kids could play too.  

Our 10 hours together were fantastic.  I was so happy we were together.  My only concern was/is my stomach and the complications I seem to be experiencing.  But I will admit that leaving tonight was really hard...I was on the verge of tears for the last 30 mins I was there to visit and once I was back at the room, my verge continued on the edge.  On top of this, we only have 10 hours left with one another and then we have to say goodbye again...

No comments:

Post a Comment