Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doctor, Doctor

Well, I had my bi-annual ultrasound for my peri-ovarian cyst today.  I've only had one incident of possible problems and symptoms since this cyst has came to light.  So after under going both the external and internal ultrasound I decided to see if I could get in to see my PCP.  

I checked in with my PCP's office and after an hour was finally seen.  I told my PCP that I just do not feel well.  I cannot explain it, but I just do not feel right.  I haven't for several months and I think I need to do something.  I asked him if he could refer me to a nutritionist or for a lap-band or to get my lips sewn shut!  He said first he wanted to address the other issues first before he referred me for such things, but first he needs to send me for a whole battery of tests and a referral to an orthopedic surgeon for the mass in my wrist.  

Next week I will undergo a bone scan for the pain I'm having in my side, which is unrelated to my cyst.  He suspects that I'm having gallbladder problems again, but because I also hurt when he pushes on me he wants to make sure there isn't a cracked rib or something.  I also see the orthopedic surgeon next week too.  Then the following week I'll go for an ultrasound of my gallbladder and a hydascan.  I also have to have fasting blood work and urinalysis, including a pregnancy test, which I find hilarious since the last time I could have gotten pregnant was that hook-up almost 2 years ago between me and my man before he went down.  Oh well...one test result I know how it will come back.  

I kind of hope it is my gallbladder and that upon removing it the same thing happens to me that a co-worker claimed happened to her...she lost 80lbs because of having to have her gallbladder out!  (Allegedly)

As long as I have answers as to why I feel like shit, I'll be happy and feel like I can move forward...  I'll update everyone on my situation when I can!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. You know, the area by my ribs was very tender too. I used to think I hurt a rib. Turns out it was my inflamed gallbladder. As for losing 80 lbs, um no. You will need gastric bypass as did your fellow coworker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last Sunday night I was so "tender" that when I rolled on my side I woke myself up by jumping out of bed....

    Maybe they can do a 2 for 1 on me! Actually maybe a 3 in 1...lets grab that cyst while they are inside too! LOL

    I'm going to keep hope alive that it was a result of her losing a gallbladder! hehe

    ReplyDelete