Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Just a shout out to all of the Dads out there!  Holla!

Munchkin had a reading at church this morning in honor of all fathers and this afternoon we all went to his grandpa's for a little pizza over the fire cook out!  Yummy....  It was fun, but I was kind of a bitch in the beginning.  I didn't change after church because my parents do nothing outside, so I was not happy when I got there and they wanted to sit outside...next to a fire...in 88 degree heat.  

Then after my brother finally showed up, over 30 minutes, I asked him what the 4 of them wanted on their pizzas.  Of course, my brother being himself replied that they were having friends over so they weren't staying.  HUH?  It is Father's Day...you don't come over for five minutes, refuse dinner which was always the plan, and say that you are having friends over.  Whatever...but apparently he kept telling the wife to go in the house and finally she blew up at him and told him she didn't want to go in the house and why did he want her to go in the house so bad and if he was so obsessed with the house he could go in there!  LOL...

A week ago tonight while shopping for father's day cards the munchkin asked if he could buy his Daddy a card too.  I told him absolutely and only did it after I had previously talked to the munchkin's psychologist about the situation.  So he picked out a card, but when we tried to find it Tuesday night to write it out to mail out it was gone.  I thought he handed it to me and I put it with the cards I was buying for my man, my dad and my uncle, but it never made its way to the check out or home.  Needless to say my munchkin was crushed.  So we had to rush and find an alternative option.  Thank goodness Chuck E. Cheese had sent an email earlier that day about Father's Day cards.  I printed it out, the munchkin colored it and I mailed it.

Of course thanks to the budget crisis in our state Friday was a state induced furlough day and therefore there was no mail received by my man and in turn he didn't receive any of the mail I sent Tuesday or Wednesday, including my long-ass letter or our father's day cards.  :(  Hopefully he gets them tomorrow!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Father's Day and was able to spend time with the fathers in your life...  Happy Father's Day & Love to the Daddies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment