Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Due East

As you all know I went from an Explorer to my new car, an Escape.  Well, on my way home the other night I got lost because a road I was on became another road and didn't end up where I thought it would.  Now mind you, I'm usually pretty good at direction and recovering myself when I'm lost.  However, once I had my Explorer I really started relying on the directional information provided on the instrumental panel.

So when I got lost I called my aunt to arrange dinner at a local new German & Irish place, which by the way was totally delicious, I told my aunt that I needed to read the book for my new car and might have to take it to the dealer, because no matter which direction I was going my car kept reading "E" for East.  I found my way back to where I needed to go, got home and we had a wonderful dinner out.

After dinner we had to return a birthday gift of the munchkin.  After leaving the store and driving back home my aunt tells me that when I turned that the corner that my car flipped and said we were headed NE and I looked and it still said E.  Then she pointed to what she was looking at...she was looking at the dashboard screen.  After I busted out laughing I realized why I always thought I was headed Due East....it was actually telling me x-# of miles to "E" for Empty!  LOL  

Needless to say I need to read my Escape book for other reasons, but not because I'm always headed East.  My explorer is still on my mind and in my eyes...and my aunt is more observant than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment