Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tornados & Limbs

I left work early today to appear for my appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.  My appointment time was 2:30pm.  I was not told to appear early for paperwork, so I was on time and was shocked when I walked in to the office and saw 17 people sitting in the waiting room.  Are you kidding me?

Of course I had a full afternoon planned.  I figured I would be out of the doctor's office no later than 3:15pm.  This would allow me to go to the drug store and to get my oil changed and tires rotated before my appointment at the salon at 5:oopm.  Well, since I didn't get out of the surgeon's office until 4:15pm, my plan fell apart.

Of course when I walked out of his office, I hadn't ate yet for the day and the sky was a dark blue filled with horrible looking clouds.  So I ran to grab a quick bite and made my way to the salon since if I did anything else I would have been late and caught in the rain.  So I was sort of hoping I could get an early start at the salon.  Well, I was there but my girl wasn't.  She was at lunch.  Then the rain started...and then the tornado sirens went off.  

Needless to say, I did not get half of the things accomplished that I wanted to and I did not get an early start either...such as life.  But hey...my manicure and pedicure looked perfect and my waxing went great and my facial was relaxing...can't ask for much more than that!  ;)

Oh yeah...the doctor's appointment lasted all of 5 mins for a decision to be made that I need surgery on my right wrist, but I need another doctor...one that works out of a hospital not in my hometown.  We, as in the family, do not like to go there since they killed my grandmother a few years back...so I have another appointment with another orthopedic surgeon next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment