Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, June 14, 2009

"The Boys"

I haven't updated you all about my x-sil and my nephews in some time, so let me do that now...

My nephews are doing wonderful. Their foster parents have been great. Last Thursday was another family court hearing in their case and boy, oh boy...lies were flying right and left by their momma. On top of all of that, she reached a plea agreement on her criminal case. Her two charges of 3rd degree child abuse were dismissed and she plead guilty to one count of 4th degree child abuse and was sentenced to 1 yr probation, 180 days jail to be served at the court's discretion (a suspended sentence), 1 day immediate credit for 1 day, court costs over $600. Then that same week she failed her drug test for family court.

At Thursday's hearing her excuse for failing the urinalysis was not because she smoked dope, it was because she was in a room with other people smoking it. Isn't that what they always say?

When questioned why she only produced one paycheck for the last few months is because she was fired from her job as a result of the abuse charges. Yeah...when you are convicted of child abuse you usually cannot work in an adult foster care facility. Duh! She did also apply somewhere that a cousin of ours works. This cousin is a friend of hers as well...and a mother to friends of my x-sil that she attended high school with. When my x-sil applied she put down my cousin as a reference and when the boss called my cousin she said, "I am no reference for her and if you put her where I work I will walk!" Wow...now that is a reference for ya!

When questioned about why she has not moved in to her "new" apartment as promised would be done by the 5th of this month, she said she was working on that still...and still staying with a "friend" on their couch. When asked for the "friend's" address she said it wasn't for her to give that. HUH? Sorry honey...that isn't satisfactory for a court.

When asked if she signed a document presented by my mom when she gave my oldest nephew away right after my brother filed for divorce she stated, "That's not my signature." The referee asked, "Are you telling me that you did not sign this document?" She replied, "Yup. That ain't my signature. I don't sign my name that way." Too bad that it is the same way she signed other documents that are in the file.

Other information that came out during this hearing that I find disturbing is:
**She had to be told she is not allowed to sleep when the children are in her presence, because apparently since my family is no longer allowed to go during the one hour a week visitation my x-sil attends at CPS all she does now is come in, lay down on the floor and tell the boys how "tired mommy is." She doesn't interact with the boys unless they come to her. She of course kept her back to the two-way mirror so they cannot say for sure if she was sleeping or not.
**My oldest nephew no longer wants to be in the room with his mom alone. He wants the door open at all times and he prefers when a "guard" or worker is present in the room.
**As to her boyfriend who she was not allowed to have any contact with as of February, because of this and that, she confirmed that "as of yesterday, I am no longer in contact with him." HUH? Guess better late (4 months) than never...

At the end of the hearing the referee told her she has 2 months to get it together and that come August he would be making a recommendation of what should happen with the children. I do not know if it did any good, but I think it may, my mother wrote a kick ass letter to everyone involved in the case and stated that our entire family no longer support the idea that the children be returned to their biological mother.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear the boys are doing so well. Such a sad situation. That reference cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of me...finally figuring out how to do the links! Woo-hoo. Plus finding out who/when someone posts a comment! I rock, thanks to you!!!

    ...and yes, it is a horribly sad situation. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blaez. It has been a long road, but it finally seems to be coming to an end. :)

    ReplyDelete