Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, June 26, 2009

Honey, I'm back...

This morning I left my house knowing I had to get my oil changed and my tires rotated before I hit the road.  I left my usual time and went down to my local Ford dealer and signed up for my oil change and tire rotation.  I was told it would take an hour.  I was on the phone with my man and we were shocked at how long it was going to take, but we continued our conversation.  We were both excited to see one another later that day.

Well, at the 45 minute mark the service guy came out and asked me where the lock was for my wheel locks.  Duh!  I totally forgot that I had those on.  I gave him a couple of options of where to look in the car, but as soon as he walked away I knew it wouldn't be there, but my feminine products would be.  Opps!  Finally in the end I told him nevermind, I would locate the lock and come back later on.  After an hour and a half I was finally on the road!

I was very excited to see my man that afternoon so I put the pedal to the medal and was off...  This was an exciting trip since it was at his new facility.  It was also going to be a faster trip up and down, because instead of being 10 hours one way it was only going to take 5 & 1/2 hours one way!   Of course the whole snafu with the oil/tire situation put me on the road later than planned, so I did not get a chance to go to the room before visiting started, so the first thing I did when I hit the area was go and see my man, without my hair did or my makeup on!

It was so good to see him.  Five whole hours that night!  I was so happy...we kissed, hugged, held hands, talked, laughed, listened...  It was great.  The COs were very relaxed too.  The most shocking thing was my man was bald!!!  He shaved his head.  I couldn't believe it!  He looked great though.  I just wish I could have reached over and rubbed his head, but that was not allowed...  

I was so happy to see my man, but sorry to have to go so quickly.  But alas, the clock struck 8:30pm and we had to say our goodbyes for the night.  I hated leaving him there, but I'm glad I could go in the morning to see him again.  Off to the room I went and then off to dinner alone.  That is the hardest part.  You go and you are with your loved one and feel so complete and then you have to leave and go and eat alone or go back to the room alone and lay down alone...  That alone is some of the hardest alone, but we get past it so we can go back the next morning full of smiles.  :)

PS:  My munchkin lost tooth #3 today!  Way to go munchkin...  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment