Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just Another Hump Day Over Here

I really started this week on a good note...well I woke up in a pretty good mood Monday morning and from there it seems to have went down hill and continued that way. Monday morning my guy called me and was in some bad space. It was nothing directed at me, but I knew that there was stuff simmering around him and he was being pulled into the folds of it. The unfortunate thing is there is nothing I can do other than talk with him to help and what's worst is that he can't just pick up and move out of the way of the tidal wave that is rising around him. I didn't dwell on the situation when I was busy with other stuff, but during my down time I often wondered how things were going. And I really wondered when I missed his call at 3:10pm, because I was stuck in court for my Externship.

My Externship wasn't all that great this week. I didn't get to do anything other than follow other people around and observe. This is good, but not great. Then I thought I had my scheduled all jacked up for Tuesday and perfectly planned by 12:45pm Monday afternoon and by 3pm that same afternoon my Tuesday schedule was blown out of the water.

Tuesday I had hoped to observe a trial from 9am until 10:30am when I needed to duck out a little early to attend my financial aid exit interview at school for 11am. Then Monday afternoon I learned that the trial wouldn't get back under way until 10:30am. Just great! So after discussing it with my LSBFF I opted to bail on my Externship for Tuesday morning and went to my exit interview. From there I headed over to my ortho follow-up appointment. Of course I had that scheduled for 1:45pm and had scheduled my munchkin's flu shot appointment (located 35 minutes away) for 2:45pm. So I headed to my ortho early and actually was in and out 17 minutes before my scheduled appointment.

Before my doctor's appointment I was able to make my way to Biggby Coffee and pick up a yummy Double Dark (Sugar-Free, Fat-Free) Hot chocolate and after my appointment I even had enough time to swing over to Buddy's Pizza for my uber-yummy family-size Antipasto Salad with their delicious ranch dressing! Then off to get the munchkin from school with enough time to fill out the paperwork to drop off his "stomach pills" (a/k/a Pepto-Bismal chewable tablets). Then we went to his doctor's and upon his discovering he would be getting a shot everything became a mess. I remember lots of tears, yelling, screaming, some "I hate you Mommy...You lied to me." statements, a few slaps at my hands as if he could just swat me away like a fly. And all of this was pre-shot!

Some how I got suckered into getting him a prize for handling the situation so well. After the shot I even remarked to the doctor that "this" (carrying on) was the reason why we couldn't do this at Walgreen's! Everyone except the munchkin found this funny. After picking up his "prize" we headed home, but only for the munchkin to point out that at some point, on some road I had a rock take a chunk out of my new windshield. Damn!

After having to call my wonderful insurance agent and then the glass repair place, plus fixing dinner I was worn out. I think the emotional toll of finding out that the tidal wave did scoop up my guy in the mix even though he was okay as a result that day didn't help either. The munchkin told me to take a nap, because I was so sleepy. Or it was maybe because he wanted both the TV and the computer for himself! I laid down at 6:30pm with only a few interruptions from my munchkin and my ringing phone. At 8pm my munchkin joined me in my bed. We finally fell back asleep sometime after 10pm and before I knew it I was waking to Hump Day!

With all of these things going crazy, feeling exhausted, and feeling crabby as could be I have experienced some heavy handed emotional eating. I bitched at a lot of people. There was tons of eye rolling and a desire to scratch someone's eyeballs out. It all descended on me when I got in my car tonight to drive home and had an overwhelming desire to sit in my car, in the dark parking lot, in the big city and instead of driving home crying my eyes out. I didn't do this, but I really wanted to. So instead I called up the aunt and met her and the munchkin for a late dinner. More emotional eating...go figure!

I really haven't gotten much else accomplished this week so far and I keep thinking about my streak and whether I'm throwing it away by the hour. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be in some better mental space, out of the eating phase and I can get tons done in addition to working on keeping that streak alive...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28
Just getting started: 7, 9, 10, 29, 30
Needs attention: 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 22, 23, 24, 31, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment