Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Mom Always Said My Mouth Would Get Me Into Trouble

Oh my, oh my...what a day!! I went to bed way too late last night and got up way too late this morning. Opps. I was up and out the door in less than an hour and off to pick up the munchkin. We went to the eye doctor, which ended up taking forever. Then I had to rush home, pick up one of his outfits for his pictures, and then rush off to get my allergy shot and then get his pictures done. This is where things started to go downhill...

We arrive in time for our 12:30pm appointment to learn the idiot who I spoke to earlier in the week scheduled us for 12/9...a Thursday. So they had to fit us in. By now I was beyond irritated. Most years we just wing it and wait forever and we are usually much later in the season. This year I attempt to do things by the book and it gets all screwed up. With extra time to kill that we really didn't have in our schedule my munchkin decides to con me into picking up a few things for him. I get him changed into his outfit and then we go back and wait. The couple who was ordering their little girl's pictures were odd. I couldn't put my finger on it. I kept getting weird looks from them and weird interactions with the dad/husband. I thought maybe I knew him, but couldn't recall him or something. Then it happened.

Apparently I'm the worst parental figure in the world and shouldn't be allowed around other people's children, because when the mom told the toddler that they had to get moving because dad was breaking out in hives because he was missing the Michigan/Ohio State game I say, "Just say 'Dad it is no big deal Michigan blows anyways'." Well you would have thought I told her to tell her Dad to F Off! Was it inappropriate? Probably. Was it detrimental? Maybe. Was it cause for the Dad to come out of his chair to threaten me? I don't think so. First of all the kid was too little to even know what I said and secondly if you don't make a big deal out of these things kids don't continue to repeat such things. It is when they get reactions do they carry it to the next level. So I apologized and I felt like crap afterwards. I suspect I've been black-marked at the studio not to be allowed around other people's children... That's okay, because I don't really like other people's kids.

By now it was well past the time that my munchkin needed another dose of his medicine so he was acting as boorishly as what his mom acts like while he was getting his pictures done. We finally get out of there and are off to find some CLR for the munchkin's bathroom and then to check out. From there we go to the dry cleaners, the grocery store and the salon to pick up a couple of things and to drop off my non-perishable foods for their food drive. Hey, at least I'm trying to help the unfortunate after I've damaged them with my mouth.

We had planned to meet up with my aunt and my mom for lunch, which I had not originally wanted to do due to my fear of not keeping my streak alive tomorrow, but after the morning and early afternoon I had experienced I could have used a drink and some high calorie foods. This is when the 2nd shoe dropped. Before we left the salon the munchkin announces he can't find his Nintendo DS. Excuse me?!? We rip the car apart and can't find it. I'm beyond livid at this point. Of course I was still mad at myself for my earlier transgression. I call the studio and they have it. We head back there and pick it up.

Finally we make it to "lunch" around 4pm and I order a jumbo strawberry margarita. Of course my statement of "the stronger the better" to the waiter was taken very seriously! Daym!! I could only drink 3/4ths of it and I was definitely a little more than buzzed. I scarfed down our favorite appetizer, a half of a huge shrimp-fajita-quesadilla, and then consumed Mexican fried ice cream. I probably should have ran a couple more errands after lunch, but I was ready to just come home and crash. I spent the rest of the night freezing, trying to consume as much of my water intake as I could in hopes of not totally blowing my weigh-in for tomorrow and trying to sober up a bit.

Now it is time to bring this not so great day to an end and hope that tomorrow is better and that I don't damage anyone else's children...

Consider it done:
1, 10, 12, 15, 18, 22
Just getting started: 2, 3, 7, 16, 27, 32
Needs attention: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

1 comment:

  1. Janice~~Thanks girl. :) I definitely didn't think it would get the reaction it did. I think I was shocked when it did... Live and learn I guess. This may be why I usually just act like a total bitch to others instead of talking to them. LOL

    It was crazy yummy and I'm definitely paying for it this morning. Opps...

    ReplyDelete