Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Aftermath...

Of course I was late getting to the family dinner. Opps. Luckily my aunt and uncle were even later... Hey, at least I called ahead of time and warned that I was going to be late!! Everyone finally arrived and then we sat down to dinner.

I was so proud of myself, because after it was all over and done I was the only person other than my munchkin who was not complaining how full and uncomfortable I was. Hehehehe Of course all I ate was a small piece of turkey, some stuffing, a couple olives, a couple of rolls (w/butter of course), some sweet potatoes w/marshmallows, and then a small piece of both pumpkin and apple pie. Yay me...

Of course since I've been home I've ate several handfuls of the Mud Puddles popcorn I ordered from the munchkin's cub scout popcorn fundraiser. Opps...

While I was helping serve dessert my Dad wanted to start shit with me. Ugh... Seriously?!? It started as funny and he had to take it to another level. Why must people do this?! When I showed up I had joked with everyone that I had a mouse that ate 6 of the rolls out of the packages I brought for dinner. And when I put them out and after they were passed around I told everyone that there were only 1, maybe 2, rolls left if someone wanted more. Still totally joking, because everyone knew there were like 12 rolls left in the kitchen. I had told everyone how yummy the rolls and everything. So when I was asking everyone what kind of pie they wanted I saw that my Dad had a roll still sitting by him on the table (he had taken 2), so I say, "No letting the rolls go to waste." Everyone chuckled. He tried to hand it back to me and I giggled, "No, you can have it. I'm just saying don't let it go to waste." That apparently opened the flood gates to my Dad's mouth...

Dad: "She is saying that because I used to make her clean her plate."
j'lynn: "No."
Dad: "Yes. I used to make her clean her plate. Well, not the first serving but whenever she asked for seconds. If you took more, you have to clean your plate."
j'lynn: "Pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "Do you remember? I never made you clean your first serving."
j'lynn: "Let's not relive my childhood. Pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "What I'm saying is true."
j'lynn: "Oh, okay. Pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "We can relive your childhood."
j'lynn: "No. Trust me. We shouldn't."
Dad: "Why? You had a great childhood."
j'lynn: "You really don't want me to relive my childhood right now. Pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "You had a great childhood."
j'lynn: "Pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "What was wrong with your childhood?"
j'lynn: "Seriously. Pumpkin or apple? We aren't doing this now. One last chance, pumpkin or apple?"
Dad: "Apple."
j'lynn: "Good choice..."

Only a man who is no longer recovering would believe that I had a great childhood as I stood around and watched my parents abuse one another and drink themselves into oblivion. Fun times, but lets not try to relive them during Thanksgiving dinner, okay?! Family....need I say more?

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Just getting started: 5, 8, 9, 10, 17, 20, 25, 39, 40
Needs attention: 21, 23

2 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry. I was waiting for a pie in the face to be written into that script. There were many parts of my childhood that weren't all that great and I'm sure my dad would remember it differently as well. You handled yourself well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie~~Thanks. When I told my guy last night about it he went on and on how proud he was of me, but he never said if he was waiting for a pie in the face...I'll have to ask him. LOL

    ReplyDelete