Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Angels Giving A Message About His Journey...

Thursday night my mom called to tell me that my grandfather (my step/adopted dad's dad) was in the hospital. They don't expect him to recover or come home from the hospital. He is 96 years old and lived a healthy life. My parents drove up to be with him this weekend, leaving Friday afternoon. As of the last update this afternoon he was doing okay, but not great. Of course the idiot doctor told the family that there is nothing wrong with him and they can take him home. I find this diagnosis a little off putting since the man is 96, not eating or drinking, has pneumonia, and his "stable" blood pressure is registering at 85/50. I could see discharging him if he was going back to a nursing home or some assisted living place, but he is not.

The morning that he was taken to the hospital he had gotten up, gotten dressed, fixed his breakfast, ate, and laced up his "walking" boots to go for his daily walk around his property. Of course that property is the acre he cleared himself 15 years ago and where he built his little house on 10 years ago. Yes, at the age of 86. He leaves in this home with his girlfriend and intended to live there until he couldn't keep the property up any longer. I guess that time is now...

Wednesday morning after lacing up his boots his girlfriend woke up and came out to the living room and asked him why he didn't wake her up so she could get the coffee over. He responded, "Hon, you were tired so I let you sleep a while longer plus you know I'm capable of making my own coffee." A few minutes later he asked her to call his niece to take him to the hospital as he wasn't feeling good. No one else was called until later that afternoon, because everyone just thought he had the flu or something, but they were wrong. It was the pneumonia and then it was discovered that he has a leaky valve in his heart.

After my parents arrived at the hospital my grandpa's girlfriend told them how he told her 6 weeks ago that an angel came to him to tell him not to be afraid when his time came, because he was going to a better place and then again 2 weeks ago he told her that he wouldn't be around for Christmas, but that he would be in her heart. He is now in the midst of his journey to that better place as we all sit back and wait and ponder those messages he passed to her from his angels...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 8, 9, 19, 21, 23, 24
Just getting started: 3, 4, 5, 20, 22, 40
Needs attention: 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that he could tell her that so that she could be a bit more at peace when the time comes and him being at peace with being close to the end of his journey is wonderful. I'm afraid I'd be freaking out and not ready to go even if I was 110.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice~~You and me both girl...I'll be grabbing onto everything and everyone I can when that time comes. My motto is 'as long as there is electricity in the world you better keep my ass plugged in!' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I've always said! I'm in a coma? Brain dead? Whatever, in twenty years I might wake up so just leave me all plugged in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice~~Exactly my point too!!! We will stay plugged in together and when we wake up we will be there together. LMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete