Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, December 17, 2010

This Wasn't Suppose To Go Down Like This

I would like to assure everyone that I am still alive.

I've accomplished nothing in the last 7 days other than finishing my externship, finishing work, starting my leave of absence, and being sick. It all started Monday night after dinner with my friends. On my way home I couldn't stop coughing. I had hoped that it was just my sinuses and my lack of my allergy pill, but I knew. Each mile I drove home, getting closer to home, I knew... And I knew it wasn't going to be pretty either...

This week of all weeks was not the time to get sick. The only other time that it could have been a worse week to get sick is the week I take The Bar. So I guess now is better than then. Even with my horribly nasty head cold I had to push through and show up every single day so I could finish my externship and finish my time at work before my leave started today. So I spent this week going in as needed, working late, coming home, eating chicken noodle soup, taking a shot of nyquil and sleeping. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less...

If you thought I had a lot to do last week, you would probably cry (like I want to) if you saw the pile of stuff and the long list I have that needs to be accomplished this week...especially when I was hoping to just have the necessary things to do, live & study! Opps...

My Friday To-Do List:
1. Start studying for the bar
2. Set up my study schedule/calendar
3. Drop off my final time sheet at my Externship
4. Pick up my book of 9's & 10's at school
5. Write out my shopping list
6. Go shopping
7. Plan Christmas Eve & Christmas Dinner
8. Pick up the house
9. Go & see my guy
10. Do laundry
11. Write my Externship paper
12. Write out my bills
13. Balance my checkbook
14. Drop off my dry cleaning
15. Pick up my dry cleaning
16. Get my allergy shot
17. File my papers
18. Go through my papers that have piled up for a few weeks now
19. Write my guy
20. Update my December budget
21. Write my "bitch" letter about some issues at my guy's facility
22. Work on my guy's next PB hearing letter
23. Write a follow-up letter about my guy's classes
24. Make some calls on my guy's behalf
25. Pick up the munchkin's pictures
26. Workout
27. Finish cleaning out our drawers and closets
28. Catch up on my emails
29. Catch up on my blog reading
30. Catch up on my TIVO backlog
31. Get my car looked at for the squealing sound it is making
32. Finish my thank you notes
33. Finish Christmas shopping
34. Write out our Christmas cards
35. Update my calendar
36. Get over my cold with some serious sleep
37. Get re-motivated
38. Get re-focused for next week
39. Re-commit to my healthy living
40. Plan out my week
41. Get organized
42. Definitely get my shit together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment