Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, December 27, 2010

It Has Been A Rough Day Here

It actually started after midnight last night. I couldn't sleep very well last night so I got up to print out the map to my first day of BarBri. And this is when the bottom started to fall out...my computer screen was black. Nothing was happening. The key board lit up, the little tell tale light showed it was on and you could hear the hum, but the screen was darker than night. I hoped that I had just ran into a moment of insanity and forgot how to turn my computer on correctly. So I shut it off and went back to bed. I finally fell asleep, but it was an up and down sort of night...

I got up this morning, showered, got dressed and then tried to turn my computer on again. All the while hoping and praying that it would work. But alas...nothing had changed. Same thing...one very black screen. I knew what this meant...a trip to the Apple store this afternoon was now on my list of things to do.

I made my way to BarBri, almost late, of course. I suffered through the almost 6 hours and was able to chat with my LSBFF and from there I headed to the craziest mall ever!! What mall has to have the local PD directing traffic two days after Christmas?!? Seriously?!? I made my way to the Apple Store and finally made my way to a technician who informed me that the central nervous system or something akin to it was toast and it would take a minimum of 7 days to fix it. WHAT?!? 7 days??? How the hell am I suppose to be without a computer for 7 days while I'm in the midst of BarBri?!? So after some window shopping waiting to talk to my aunt we decided that I had to have a computer, so I went back into the Apple Store and bought a new computer.

It really is a bitter sweet purchase. I have the computer I wanted, but this just wasn't the time to blow that kind of money on my credit card. Regardless I'm plugged back in and up and running. However, I didn't get much else done today with this entire snafu. Oh wait...mother nature made her appearance this morning too. Guess that was one thing I accomplished today too...my bad. ;)

Consider it done: 1, 7, 13, 25, 26, 27
Just getting started: 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 24
Needs attention: 3, 5, 6, 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

2 comments:

  1. oh man... that sucks but enjoy the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LF~~thanks... It does suck, but I'm enjoying the new computer too! ;)

    ReplyDelete