Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Aftermath

Well, first of all I want to report I did not shank anyone over Christmas. That is definitely a plus in my column. But of course I ran my mouth, several times, so here is a little recap of our Christmas...

Christmas Eve Day...
Well...after spending 5 hours of making homemade Italian meatballs I was up for nothing additional and was very much behind! The munchkin decorated the cut-out cookies and agreed to put off making our 3 other cookies to another day. Then we went to Christmas Eve mass, which took well over 2 hours... It was brutal.

Christmas Eve...
It is tradition in our family to go to my mom's to celebrate with the family. Of course we were late, because I still had to come home and finish getting the gifts together and wrapped after mass. At this point in life I basically just threw the stuff together, called it good enough and we made our way to my mom's. I pulled up, parked behind my parents' vehicles and I had a glimmer of hope that my bro & his family no-showed. But while we were getting out of the car he drove up and upon seeing me parked, apparently in the spot he was in prior, slammed his car in to reverse and rammed his car backwards to park further away. Then instead of helping either the munchkin or I with hauling stuff in he tried to make it a foot race to the door, without saying a word to me. Whatever! I'm glad to see his ol' lady's attitude is rubbing off on him. Once we were in the house my youngest aunt pulls me into the bathroom to tell me she suspects that my bro's wife is pregnant again. (Just as I predicted...a baby w/i 18 months of their fake wedding back in June,) We make our way through the presents then a huge spread of food. My bro & his family leave without announcing the pregnancy, which is their MO. I don't get why they never tell anyone that they are having a kid...hello this is her 3rd and his 5th...why hide it now?! At least this time they are both married...to one another this time. I confronted my mom in a stealth manner and she blurted out that my aunt was correct... I think it is funny that my mom gets pissed when I ask her if my brother has knocked someone up! Brahahahahahahaha Whatever....

Of course while the gifts were being passed out when I opened a gift from my mom I asked her if she was in need of a new ankle bracelet, because she bought me one and I don't wear jewelry. She didn't find it funny. I did!! What's the point of buying me jewelry?! I don't wear it. I haven't worn jewelry in years. The only jewelry I've worn in the past 15 years was my wedding rings. And the only jewelry I have plans to wear in the future is an engagement ring and wedding rings, but till someone drops to one knee I'll be jewelry free. It just isn't my "thang."
Then when I opened my bro's family's gift to me I stated I was getting a complex since all they've given me in the last 3 years for Christmas is stuff to make my house smell nicer.

Christmas Morning...
The munchkin did his usual ripping open of gifts and just kept saying he must be dreaming. Which I totally love!! He is so cute. I'm so happy that he still believed this year!! Santa even thanked him for still believing in him! ;)

Christmas Dinner...
As usual I had the family Christmas dinner and as I figured the bro's family didn't attend. This year though my ham got dry, which sucked. But outside of that everything went well. The turkey was picture perfect!! Then everyone left by 8:30pm and I was in the bed before 11pm. The munchkin however wanted to stay up all night, which I let him...I found him in my bed at 3:30am this morning. He slept till 11:30am this morning.

The Day After...
The munchkin and I spent the day at home today. I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, but it was a nice relaxing day. And now it is on to BarBri tomorrow...

Consider it done:
1, 7, 25, 26, 27
Just getting started: 2, 4, 10, 15, 16, 24
Needs attention: 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 34

No comments:

Post a Comment