Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Look Back At 2010!

What a year 2010 was!!

I graduated from law school (hopefully!! still waiting for those grades y'all!). I appeared on the record in several courtrooms during my Externship and basically became a lawyer this year! I found my passion during my Externship and over came my doubts of whether I have what it takes to be a litigator!! I'm so proud of myself!

I'm just amazed when I look back over these last 365 days... I've had a wonderful year regardless of all of the craziness that has happened. And I'm definitely happy to be ready to start another wonderful year... Here is to hoping that 2011 rocks even more than 2010 did!! Muah...

Last year on January 1st I listed several New Year's resolutions for 2010, so I would like to take a moment to reflect on the ones I accomplished and the ones that I didn't...

Get Healthier...
I made a resolution to continue to lose weight, eat better & healthier while working out more and drinking more water. For the most of this I accomplished this. Maybe not to the degree I would have hoped to, but I consider this one a success. I also made a resolution to test my blood sugar more regularly, which I failed at. I think I've gotten too comfortable in my belief that I have this under control and stopped testing even daily. I did get my skin much more under control for the majority of the year. I'm currently fighting a huge breakout on my left jaw line right now, but that is due to a switch my facial girl and I tried, which failed. So I consider this a success too. As for the sleep resolution to get on a better sleep pattern/schedule I think I was more successful on this than not. It was difficult sometimes though, but I think I got more sleep this year than the prior years, so that is great!

Get My Finances Together...
I did make a budget, but rarely stuck to it, but I was able to reduce my debt by about $3,500, stop using my credit cards and pay off BarBri & Kaplan. I consider this a total success and I accomplished this resolution!!

Get More Organized...
I definitely felt much more organized in 2010, so this too was a success in my book. Of course this is a constant struggle in my life. I love to be organized and I always think there is more that can be done to get better organized.

Better Communication...
I think this was a success too and an accomplished resolution in my book. There were times throughout the year where I faltered, but I think overall this was a success. I hope my family and friends would agree, especially my munchkin & my guy! How about my blogging buddies? Do you think this was a success?? :)

Enjoy Life...
This was definitely accomplished in 2010!! I definitely enjoyed life more this year. I laughed more than I can remember in years prior. I cried more, but usually in a good way...in a cleansing way. I definitely danced and sang more too! I hope I was a better mom this year and this will always be something I resolve to do better each and every year for the rest of my life...

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry but I laughed a LOT about your sleep getting better. Made me wonder how bad could have it possibly been before? Yikes!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous~~I'm so glad you are here and commenting! And I'm really happy I was able to give you some laughter in the New Year already. :) Oh...my sleeping was really bad before. It was nothing to go to bed after 2am and get up around 5:30am-ish. So I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier more frequently. :) But since I'm commenting at 2am as you can tell this is still a work in progress even into 2011....

    Happy New Year!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete