Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Little Details About Santa

Dear Parents,

Can we all please get on the same page? If you are going to tell your child a specific detail about who is picking up the tab for your kid's Christmas gifts, could you please provide the rest of us a note with said details? Maybe your kid won't question what others tell him or her, but my kid does. And unlike how your kid may set up the questions, my kid won't be forthcoming with the information he has already received before he interrogates me. Sorry...maybe it is because he is a born litigator or maybe it is because he is being raised by a future attorney, I don't know.

So I implore you, parents of my munchkin's class-mates, if you are going to tell your kid that you have to pay for the presents that Santa brings him or her please...I beg you...drop me a line! This will help others avoid the following conversation:

munchkin: Mommy, do you have to pay for the presents Santa is going to bring me?
j'lynn: Huh?
munchkin: Do you have to give Santa the money to buy my presents?
j'lynn: No...but I do give him money to help buy toys for kids whose families can't give him money. [yes...I was in a panic and totally reaching...]
munchkin: Okay. Who pays for mine then?
j'lynn: [obviously I had not thought ahead for his follow-up questions] The taxpayers....the taxes I pay goes to Santa but other moms and dads don't get that benefit, so I help Santa pay for those kids.
munchkin: Hmmmm....[thinking...pondering...]

Thank goodness he was distracted and didn't realize that my statements made no logical sense and really were totally backwards. Thank God he doesn't understand taxes yet either. So to the parents who told their child that they have to pay Santa for the gifts he or she gets I would have appreciated a little heads-up.

Thanks for making me sound like an idiot...

Sincerely,
j'lynn

PS: Yes, afterwards my aunt advised me of your tale to your kid, but she didn't give me a heads-up either. So you all suck...

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 40
Just getting started: 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 20, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39
Needs attention: 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Who says that to a child anyway? It doesnt even make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani~~All I can think is that they can't afford much this year and had to explain it to the kid without crushing his/her innocence... Blah... It has been hard this year to keep the munchkin believing in the big guy in the red suit. Yikes! I think time is running short on me with this one...

    ReplyDelete