Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Child's Emotional Well-Being Is All That Matters

I was sort of hoping that this would be the day I got some of my mojo back. I've been in an unmotivated slump here of late. Things were going along and then I returned a voice mail from yesterday...from my munchkin's therapist. That's when things started to go down hill...

My munchkin has been saying things lately that are a cause for concern. I think some of it is normal, but that doesn't decrease the concern that we are all sharing together. Apparently some kids at school are telling my munchkin that he is weird, which has started to affect his self-esteem. In the past couple of weeks my munchkin has apologized for being a disgrace. Yikes!! He is not a disgrace and could never be a disgrace. I don't even know where he got such a word let alone that he knew what disgrace meant... Then a few times when he has gotten upset he has asked if I wanted him to murder himself. Sweet Jesus!! God, no!!!! His wonderful therapist, whom he loves and adores (& so do I!), gave us some pointers to change a couple of things. We will be trying these things to help him...

Of course after the munchkin was sleeping my aunt asked me what the therapist said today so I start telling her and what do I do while telling her? You guessed it...started crying. Blah! I hate crying. I do it more often now that I'm older, but I still hate it!! Nothing makes you feel like a failure or a flop then when your kid is dealing with some heavy duty emotional things...

So much for getting that mojo back today....

Consider it done: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 40
Just getting started: 5, 10, 11, 12, 15, 20, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39
Needs attention: 6, 7, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, 38

No comments:

Post a Comment