Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, May 11, 2009

An In-Box Does Have a Purpose, Really.

Today was the longest day of the week...  OMG!  When you are away from work for 2 weeks, staying up late, sleeping in you do not want to go back to work, especially if you stay up until 2:30am the night before the day you return.  I did not want to get up this morning at all!  But I did...got ready, didn't get to eat breakfast, and ran out the door.  

When I got to work and walked in my office I knew it wasn't going to be a happy day.  Everyone I work with knows that I'm particular about my office.  I have an in-box for a reason, so lets use it people!  I walk in and there are new files spread out on my desk.  Yes, it was in an orderly fashion but there wasn't a reason for it.  Then when I pulled out my chair there were other new files on there.  If you want to bring something to my attention, don't put it on my chair, because I will either sit on it or pick it up and throw it to the side, because now I'm not happy.  What is the point of having an in-box if you aren't going to use it?  It isn't for in-coming mail only or else I would have called it a mailbox not an in-box...

So I was instantly irritated and it just went down hill from there.  There were stupid calls, stupid requests, and stupid questions.  By the time noon came around I was ready to come back home.  Finally at 1pm I was starving because I still hadn't ate yet today, so I ordered a horrible sandwich from Jimmy John's.  It was yummy, but horrible for me. So much for getting on track with WWs today, but tomorrow is a new day.  By the time the day came to an end, I was exhausted.  

The munchkin had his May Crowning tonight for religious class, but I was unable to attend.  I left work late and when I got home my stomach wasn't feeling all that great and I didn't have enough time to settle it to go, so my aunt went with the munchkin.  :)  I relaxed for the rest of the night, went thru some papers and am trying to get organized a bit.  

Now it is off to bed so I can get up and hopefully have a better day tomorrow at work.  I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, good luck!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Same thing here. Inbox empty - desk and chair full. Why do I even bother??

    ReplyDelete