Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, May 22, 2009

What a relief

Tonight was baseball practice and I was a little nervous.  You see the last time I was at a baseball practice for my munchkin was last year's team and it wasn't fun.  Hell, the games weren't even fun.  I don't know what was wrong with that team, but it was definitely off.  The parents did talk to one another.  Everyone wanted to be the coach's best friend.  These things didn't get to me, because I don't have to have the other parents talk to me and I don't care if they are all vying for the coach's friendship.  He was a great coach and a nice guy, but I didn't need for him to be my best friend.  The thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that the "dads" of the team would only go out and assist the coach when their son was up to bat.  

Okay, once you've been to a t-ball or baseball practice you learn quickly that the coach has no control of these 13 little kids (average age 5) and he needs assistance.  They need help getting the kids together, ready to bat, to sit on the bench, to get to their designated position, etc.  Well, since the actual normal family has became what I currently am, a single parent, and this is a "daddy" sport, the least I expect from the daddy helpers is for them to help with all of the kids.  Well, apparently that is too high of an expectation, because it didn't happen.  These guys would only come out of the stands when their little one would come up to bat, would become 1st and 3rd base coaches when their child was on base and then would return to the stands when their child was done running the bases and batting.  Heck, they didn't even assist the coach's daughter.  :(  

Well, so much has changed this year!!!!  :D  There were two or three dads there tonight helping.  One dad was out on the field with the coach and the other dad was controlling the kids on the bench and warming up each batter before they were up in the batter's box.  It was so nice to see these dads helping the coach and helping all of the kids!  Thank you daddy helpers!!

As for the parents in the stands...OMG, they talk to one another!  Me included!!  There were 4 of us "moms" sitting around chit-chatting.  It was fun, entertaining and I couldn't believe it when I looked and we were already an hour in to practice!  Woo-hoo!!  I'll be looking forward to going next Friday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment