Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Major Milestone, Major Mistake?

Well, today has been a crazy day.  Even with going to bed last night by 11pm I was totally exhausted this morning.  I didn't even want to get out of bed!  I finally got up around 10am when my mom called.  Lately I've been extremely tired and can't seem to motivate.  Even when I know I have to be some where with something done by a certain time.  I don't know what has happened to me.  I used to be the person that was always 10 mins early and considered that late!!

Today, I did it again.  Even knowing I needed to go to a minimum of 2 stores today before we attended a 3pm and then a 4pm birthday party.  What time did I get in the shower?  1:30pm, of course.  So needless to say we were about 35 mins late to the 3pm birthday party.  We stayed a little over an hour and then left for the 4pm birthday party, which we were about an hour and fifteen minutes late for that one.  Of course no one was there so I'm not sure if the party ever happened or if we just missed it.  I felt really bad, but I have a feeling it never took place because who is able to have a 7 year olds birthday party at a public park, clean up and leave in less than an hour...come on people, you can hardly get a group of 7 year olds out the door in less than an hour let alone through a birthday party.

So after this snafu I took the munchkin to a park to play for a bit and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese for a few hours and then back home.  Of course there were still people at the original birthday party, so the munchkin went back over and then ended up getting invited to stay the night over there.  I wanted to tell him no so bad, but then I just knew I would crush my muchkin's heart...  And when I finally gave in my son danced around the house yelling, "OH MY GOD!!  My first sleep-over with a friend.  I'm so excited!!!!" (over and over again!)  Then the bottom dropped out...

I packed the munchkin's bag and walked him over to their house.  His buddy and two big guys were in the bouncy house and I swear no one else was outside.  I swear!  So Zach knocked on the door and buddy's cousin let us inside.  Buddy's dad came out and talked for a bit.  We laid down some ground rules for my munchkin and I assured them that they can call if I'm needed for anything.  Well, I don't know which thought came first in my head, but I started thinking, "Buddy's daddy looks stoned" and "Does it stink in here and if so, does it have an underlying smell of pot?"  So I'm not sure if it smelled because he looked stoned or if he looked stoned because it smelled.  :(  I wanted to instantly grab my baby and run home.  I also thought he came from another room in their home and suspected that the women were in that room.  I started having crazy insane thoughts of what might be going on in this alleged room....

I made the decision to let my son stay over because I just couldn't come up with a polite way to "change" my mind and my gut wasn't telling me to pull him out of there...my paranoia was.  I tried to use my head and thought it was one night and we could survive this.  Next time I will be better prepared with a reason behind my "no".  So I leave the house and sitting outside are the 3 women...where the hell did they come from.  Were the female voices I heard Buddy's sister and her friends staying over or did the women sneak out of the room through the window and walk around the back of the house to be sitting in the chairs in the front when I left?!?  WTH was happening to my mind!  So maybe he wasn't stoned and maybe their house didn't stink, maybe I'm just losing it....

Okay, the house did stink, but I'm not sure what or why it stunk!  And congrats to my munchkin for another major milestone in his little life even though I question my sanity in agreeing to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment