Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wow...what a difference

I remember on my way in to the office this morning I thought of a great post for today's entry. It was something that happened to me or around me and darn it to all...I can't remember what it was! Ugh...I hate it when that happens. I'll remember later I'm sure of it and as soon as I do I will let you know. Anywho, a few family phone calls later in the morning gave me another great entry, so here goes...

In my battle against my continuing illness I thought maybe something in my house was making me sick or vulnerable to illnesses or producing horrible, horrible allergies, so last week after going back to the doctor a/k/a Urgent Care (yes, I seem to visit Urgent Care more frequently than my doctor, but the schedule is much more applicable to my life...if only my PCP would stay open till 10pm and wouldn't have a 4 hour wait then I might see him more often!) and being put back on antibiotics for a "nasty" sinus infection and tonsillitas I decided it was time to take some household action.

I started by stripping my bed and spraying it with lysol. Then I moved on to my humidifier and cleaned that all up and changed filters. Then last, but certainly not least, I called and scheduled an appointment for someone to come out and service my furnace and central air unit, which is occurring today.

I had my uncle come over and sit to wait for the service people, which then lead to him calling me and asking me about a lock on an electrical box outside. Of course I had no clue what he was talking about. I then proceeded to call my aunt, who then spoke to my mother and called me back about this mystery lock. The story that finally came to me was when I kicked my man out back in 2004 I feared "someone" would do something to my electrical box and I took the lock off my shed and put it on this outside electrical box and put a new lock on my shed to keep my man out of my stuff! Of course what this really means is my mom and dad took the lock from the shed and put it on this electrical box to prevent my man coming and messing with my electrical stuff and to keep him out of the shed too.

Do you see all of the holes to this story? I do!! First of all, "I" did not do any of this. I may have been a consulted party, but trust me in the fog of filing for divorce and kicking my man to the curb and losing my step-son in the process I have no memory what-so-ever about a lock being inter-changed. Second...by taking a lock that my man had a key to and putting it on the electrical box really doesn't stop any potential horse-play does it? I'm thinking he would likely have recognized the lock and knew he had a key for it. It just does not come off as such a deterrent to me. Lastly, maybe someone should have marked this information somewhere or labeled a key, because I now suspect that I no longer have a key for this lock.

Luckily Mr. Fix-It can get his job done without really entering that electrical box...because the talk of bolt cutters and strange men at my house was going to send off all sorts of other alarms at my house today...alarms I really don't want to deal with today.

Of course I'm not sure if I would hear all of these alarms, since as of yesterday I can no longer hear out of my left ear. :( Back to Urgent Care I went last night clearly frustrated with the fact that I can't seem to get better, especially since the last few weeks I had thought "this" was simply allergies. I told the doctor that I traded a sore throat for a blocked ear and everything else remained the same and that my frustration level is really high right now. He proceeded to proscribe me a different, much stronger antibiotic, which I find funny because it is what he originally proscribed last week that he ended up canceling when the pharmacist advised my co-pay was going to be $40. (All of this was done without my knowledge, of course. And I do understand his position when he explained last night that he made a judgment call, because so many of the people that come in to see him really can't afford that co-pay.) I told him I didn't care the cost...just give me something that was really going to work.

Wow...what a difference 2 pills have made! I took this new antibiotic with the newly proscribed heavy-duty decongestent when I got home last night and when I got up this morning I was like a new person! Holy smokes!! My ear remains blocked and I'm certainly not over my sickness as I am "really, really sick" according to the doctor last night; however, I feel like things have turned a corner. I took my morning decongestent before I left for work this morning and can't wait to get home to take a second dose of my antibiotic, so hopefully tomorrow I will feel even better!

Of course the munchkin woke up hacking this morning, which isn't surprising since mommy has been sick, Chica and her girls have been sick and he is with all of us everyday. So he will be seeing his doctor at 4:30pm today...

No comments:

Post a Comment