Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Preoccupied and Paralyzed?

You know when you have so much going on you can't think straight and feel overwhelmed?  Or when you have something going on or are witnessing something and you feel almost paralyzed?  I am in that spot right now.  

In my town we have a missing 5 year old little girl and that hits home.  It is scary.  It is very upsetting.  And since the little girl went missing approximately 2 blocks from my pediatrician's office and a van, which was searched and seizured, was less than a quarter of a mile from my home.  Understandable that there are a couple of persons of interest that the police are holding on parole violations, which are people that the little girl's mom knew; however, that doesn't make it any less scary to me as a mom of a 6 year old... So needless to say, most of my time has been consumed with staying up with the story and listening to the local rumors.

On top of being practically paralyzed by this situation, I feel like I have so many things going on right now I'm starting to feel overwhelmed.  Yikes!!  Hell, I even have 98 emails in my personal in-box.  Between work, baseball for the munchkin, soccer for the munchkin, planning the b-day for the munchkin, helping my mom draft letters regarding my nephews...no wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed!  I was so exhausted last night we were in the bed by 8:30pm!  So I'm not quite as tired tonight, so I guess I just need to sit down and make a list and tackle it one at a time, but my goodness...it has been so crazy that it took me over 2.5 weeks to get in to get my monthly waxing and facial...

No comments:

Post a Comment