Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Profound statements can come from the strangest places

As you all know, I have major issues with my brother and his new wife. I really don't know his new wife and the most time I've spent with her in one setting was yesterday at the Memorial Day Cook-Out. I still am not a fan...actually, I can barely speak to her and I cannot bring myself to look at her. I don't know what all of my issues are.

I've had issues with her since day one...she allowed my brother to move in immediately upon meeting him and got knocked up. She had a 5 month old son, (allegedly) did not know my brother before he separated from his wife on 2/16/2007 and yet moved him in to her home with her son in less than a month and was immediately pregnant (baby born 12/20/2007). Plus she has shown psychotic episodes in the past with my brother.

But my dad made a profound statement last night when I said, I just didn't know what it was about her, but there is just something there that I can't get past. My dad, who is not the most keen person in the group, said, "I think we fear liking her because of what the x-s-i-l has done, because we all came to love her and the boys and now look what has happened." I agree with my dad...this one has an uphill battle and between our fear of liking her and the rocky beginning of their relationship, combined with her highly psychotic episode last fall, I just don't know if even her delicious dessert will get her past a foot in the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment