Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Friday, December 11, 2009

CHI...Rumor or Fact? And who gets the last laugh...

Another piece of hilarity from my office...

When I first started at my office years ago someone told me that one of our attorneys had a CHI. I was sadden by this news, but was told that it was okay that she was okay and that she continued to practice, but if she seemed pretty flighty that this was the reason why...

Fast forward to this last Spring/Summer when I sold candy bars as my munchkin's baseball fundraiser. On a Thursday afternoon while leaving the office late, said attorney meet me at the elevator to leave and told me that she wanted to buy all of the Reese's Cups I had left. I explained to her that I had like 6 left and that they were bigger than the normal Reese's Cups. She said that was okay that she would come by the next day to get them from me. So Friday morning, I go in, pull out all of the Reese's Cups and put them to the side in my office.

I ran into said attorney a few times that day, but she said nothing about the candy bars. A week went by and I decided her closed head injury was probably at play and I didn't want to embarrass her, so I brought the candy bars home and paid the $6 myself into the pot. (Of course I ate them, but that isn't the moral of this story!) A couple months later while talking to my boss I made mention of the attorney with the CHI and she says that the attorney doesn't have a CHI.

Apparently this is a rumor that started several years ago...like maybe 15 years ago! No one knows how it started and my boss was amazed that the rumor was still being spread. She calls another attorney into the conversation and that person confirms that she heard this rumor when she first started over a decade ago and confirmed that it wasn't true!

I begin to laugh and they both look at me like I've lost it, so I tell them the story about the candy bars and said that I just chalked it up to an episode of her CHI and took the candy bars home with me...I thought all three of us were going to pee our pants we were laughing so hard.

CHI was a rumor not fact.
I got the last laugh, but I also ended up with "buying" 6 of my son's candy bars and probably gained 5lbs from it, so maybe the attorney really did get the last laugh in the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment