Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Last Hump Day of 2009

I was so cruising through my work today and then everything seemed to come to a crazy halt. I didn't wake up in the best of moods...blue is not a good color on me, so to speak. Even attempting to fake it wasn't working when my guy called this morning and proceeded to ask me if I was okay, because I sounded "off." Then I started pushing myself at work and with about 4 files left to close out down from the 35+ I started with. Then the inside calls started, "Hey j'lynn, do you know what is going to happen at next week's major meeting?" and my favorite was the third person who stopped by my office and asked, "j'lynn, someone is saying we are all getting pink slipped at next week's meeting. Do you think it is true?" Come on people!!! I know as much as you do!! Don't you think that I would be in a much more upbeat mood if I did? Duh!!

Needless to say, I had to leave work before I got those last 4 files finished today. That irritates me! My goal was to have them all done today, so I could finish up in the 4 hours we work tomorrow and maybe do my ecology day tomorrow only 3.5 months late. I'm trying to remain hopeful, but 4 hours really isn't that much time, especially when I've really been suffering from this lately!

So then I thought I would take the munchkin to his follow-up doctor's appointment today, pick up our munchies for tomorrow night, come home, relax a little, get ready for tomorrow and get to bed a little early tonight. Well, as I sit here after midnight* with things all a mess in my house I ask myself this same question, again! From 7:30pm till 10:30pm, the munchkin was a total mess, scared he was going to vomit again (last Monday night's incident is way to fresh in his little mind). So as I laid in my bed with him sitting up next to me, with lights on all over the house and a pan sitting in his lap, we finally started to drift off to sleep to be awakened to my guy calling to tell me to drive safely when I trek out to see him tomorrow...

Now I'm off to wash my face and get ready for bed, so I can get up early tomorrow in an attempt to get all prettied up for my visit tomorrow and to get my arse to work on time to get that list of things to do done before the bomb hits next week!

*~~yes, I back-dated this post to go with its inventive title!

2 comments:

  1. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are not pink slipped this week. If anyone deserves to keep their job in that place, it is definitely you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani! I so agree!! You'll be one of the firsts to know....

    ReplyDelete