Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Monday, December 14, 2009

The one getting hurt here

is me! Reflecting on my weekend and the vegetative state I found myself in for the last several days didn't hurt anyone but me. :( By not accomplishing squat I've put myself so far behind the eight ball, it pains me to think about it. Of course that could be the after affect from the migraine I suffered from while at work this afternoon. I don't know why I found myself sitting here for hours on end, not being able to get out of my chair, unable to even shower...I would like to think that it was the let down of the semester, but I'm not positive. Even though I suffered a migraine today and was beyond pissed off at work today, I felt much better today than I had in several days, which is a good thing!

As for the being pissed off part... In my sub-department there are 3 of us that have the same title and the same job. As you know I was off last week for 3 days. During those days, I kept up on my emails. I checked my work email every day, sometimes more than once a day. That way if there was something I could respond to, pass to someone else to take care of or delete I did and it was one less thing to deal with when I returned today. Of course, I also knew that I would be returning to some new files plus I sent a list of things I have to do before year's end. So I wasn't surprised to walk in this morning to 7 new files. Of course after spending the entire day dealing with these new files I was totally spent. Then I opened up the mail delivered in the late afternoon and had 2 more new files. Having not gotten to the items on my to-do list I was pissed at 4:15pm, so I called one of the other 2 girls doing my job.

My co-worker was at the office the three days I was off, so I wondered how many new files she received while I was gone. I should have known better, because to be honest I knew the answer and I knew it was going to piss me off too! She received 5 new files in the last 4 work days. Seriously?!? Come on people!! She then proceeds to tell me how maybe the boss lady is taking it easy on her because she reminds her that she has 9 files she needs to close out. My response was, "I doubt that since I reminded her I have 34 files I need to close out."

Okay...Seriously?!? WTF?!? Why do I keep getting shit on? And then I wonder why I had a migraine at work today...

I'm continuing to work on my list, but haven't had much success. Of course it doesn't help that I was in the bed with the munchkin @ 9pm last night, got up at 5:40am this morning, put a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer, picked up the house, loaded the dishwasher, worked for 8 hours (actually busted my ass at work), rushed home, made dinner, rushed off to my son's religion class because tonight was the holiday gathering (it was a total bust), and then went pseudo-grocery shopping. It is very hard to grocery shop when you are exhausted, hot, uncomfortable and without a list...

I'm hopeful that tomorrow is another better day, that I'm not nearly as pissed off when I leave work because I'm going to see my guy tomorrow night, and I check some more things off my list... :)

Accomplished: 5, 9, 12, 16, 23, 30, 31, 37
Started: 2, 3, 4, 15, 20, 26, 33, 34, 35, 36
Untouched: 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 32, 38, 39, 40

BTW, I totally skipped WWs today on purpose, because I didn't want to face that music. I've ate like crap for over a week. Maybe that is part of the reason why I haven't felt so great...I really need to get back on track. Not just for WWs, but for my sugar too. Not that I've been pigging out on sugar or anything, but I certainly have not been holding strong either. :(

Ugh...life can really blow up in your face when you take an unscheduled time-out, huh?

2 comments: