Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The first, the only, the last...

Tonight, I went to the first, the only; therefore, the last Christmas party I will attend this year. I am not a fan of the Holidays. I usually spend it pretty depressed. I don't know why. I always have. I'm sure it has to do with my childhood. Doesn't it usually?

I remember being way younger and everyone telling me it was because I was alone and when I met and feel in love then I would like the holidays. Well, I met someone and feel madly in love and still didn't like the holidays. Then everyone said to wait until I had kids. I had my step-son and then my munchkin and I still didn't like the holidays. Then everyone said to wait until the kids were older and got more out of the holidays. My munchkin is 7 & 1/2 and I still don't like the holidays. Is there something wrong with me?

I try to fake it the best I can. I try and put on a happy face. I push myself to make everyone think that I like the holidays, but it is all fake. I will spend the next 2.5 weeks in a pissy depressed mood and irritated by everything. I will really only want to spend my days in bed away from everyone with no contact from the outside world. I will try my best to fake my way through and come Christmas Eve after spending hours at my mom's with the family and after Santa comes to visit I will sit in the chair I find myself in right now with tears streaming down my cheeks until I'm out of tears and then I will take myself to bed so I can get up the next day, fake it some more and put on the family Christmas dinner...a little happier just because I know the holidays are almost over.

Accomplished: 12, 23, 31
Started: 5, 36, 37
Untouched: too many to list...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I could say something that would help. But I do understand about everyone else around you being happy and telling you what it will take for you to be happy too. Been there for most of my life. Things are getting better though which is a relief. They might have been right on some things, but not all. My husband has always had it worse though. He lost his dad to a brain tumor/cancer on Christmas morning. Nothing tops that one in my book, so I do what I can to help him through and it's getting better each year. Hang in there, the holidays are crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for you and the hubby...

    Even though we weren't together at the time, my man went to jail the morning of Christmas Eve, lost everything in his life, including his family. His birthday is Christmas Day too... Yes, this did end up being his rock bottom and likely saved his life and has brought him and I back together and some day him back into our son's life, but it still makes for a crappy memory for what is suppose to be a great time of the year... He used to strive to make this time of year better for me and now he just wants the month of December to fall off from the calendar...

    Good luck to you and your hubby this Christmas holiday season...

    Thanks again...hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey perdy lady

    there is nothing i can say or do to help you but if you ever need to vent i'm here. i think i have enough holiday cheer for both of us.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear this and had no idea. However, I am not surprised. It is a difficult time of year for a lot of people for various reasons. Hopefully something in the next few weeks makes you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. blaez~~thanks. :)

    dani~~obviously I'm pretty good at hiding this fact, huh?! LOL I'm glad that my faking ability is better than I thought... ;)

    ReplyDelete