Welcome to My World!!

My photo
From A Small Town, In The Midwest, United States
My favorite quote...We all live in hiding. In one way or another each of us conceal pieces of ourselves from the rest of the world. Some people hide because their lives depend on it. Others because they don't like being seen. And then there are those special cases, the ones who hide because they just want someone to care enough to look for them...Which one are you?

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Frustration

This was how I started my day and how I'm ending my day...

I woke up late, of course, I got ready and took off only to be driving along the on-ramp to the expressway to realize I left my suit jacket at home. I had to drive a few miles down the road until I came to the next exit. I turned around, came back home, picked up my jacket, decided I was going to e over an hour late for work, swung through McDonald's for a diet coke and opted not to call my boss and waste her time with my voice mail saying I was going to be late.

I get to work, I get tons done, scarf down lunch around 3:30pm, work until 5:30pm since I was so late, type up a horrible outline for my second oral argument of the week (don't forget it is only Tuesday!), bust out of work and race to school. Arguments are running about 20 mins ahead of school, realize my opposing counsel who told me I "better be on time" last week even though I was over 10 minutes early then too was no where to be found, and try to make small talk with Prof Wine until he shows up and then (very) nervously I charge into my argument.

At one point Prof now Judge Wine asks me a question and as soon as I say "No" I realize I'm totally screwed because it was a blatant lie~~it really was a question of fact~~but all I could think about was the fact that my tongue was growing too large for my mouth and my salvia glands had shut down, so I take a swig of water while he tosses me two more questions to prove I just lied to him...seriously dude, I'm still a student and trying to learn...am I suppose to just admit that my motion totally fails by saying 'yes, it is a material question of fact, please rule against me and dismiss my motion immediately'...seriously??? (Any advice here would be great peeps!) I survive the oral arguments for him to tell me at the end I read too much from my "outline", didn't make enough eye-contact and that that is disrespectful to a "judge". When I really expected him to say I had improved from my prior argument a couple weeks back! :(

Then I come home, feeling like crap...especially after my opposing partner asks me what I'm doing wanting to take a criminal trial clinic next fall when I obviously don't like speaking in "court"... I told him it isn't that I don't like it, I'm just not very good at it; therefore, I'm taking law school classes for more practice to get better at it. Then I spend hours sitting here wondering, 'How am I going to be able to be a criminal defense attorney when I cannot even speak during a motion in school?'

So to take my mind off of that I try to set up my new school email address as a POP account through Entourage. Yeah, that so didn't work. I can receive email on it, but I can't send with it. Is there any assistance available on this one? I'm doing everything that all the websites tell me to do and it still isn't working. Ugh...

Move along to the season finale of Sons of Anarchy. This depresses me. I so fell in love with this show and am totally bummed that the season, which is only a few months old, is already over. :( I so need to invest in Season 1 on DVD so I can catch up with the parts that I'm missing...

Now I'm off to bed @ 2am, knowing I'm off tomorrow to finish my Small Firm final project, wanting to go to the gym first thing in the AM to get it "over and done with for the week" frustrated by my ineptness at lawyering and my inability to setup an email account through Entourage and really frustrated by the fact that I didn't see nearly enough of Jax's ass for SOA to be over already!

2 comments:

  1. no idea who or what entourage is

    but i have an idea on your court thing.... go and watch lawyers live at the courthouse. i know its not getting up there yourself but you can see how they handle themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaez...Entourage is the Microsoft Word for Mac's version of Outlook. Thanks for the advice on my little problem! :)

    ReplyDelete